View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

It's the whole design of the suspension,width & length of the kart/buggy, -Not intended for speed- you'd understand better if you tried to drive your buggy at 40+. The single A-arms don't allow for enough travel/geometry or a good turning radius at higher speeds, nor will it take the abuse for any length of time. The rear swing arm isn't anywhere near strong enough for the 600cc engines weight or additional torque- the rear of the frame for the swingarm pivots isn't strong enough as is for an additional load either. I believe you'd need to put some real fabrication time and skill into the EZ-Rider to make it safe/fun for a 600cc power plant, But that's my opinion. I understand the thinking involved when you have a ready made chassis that functions Okay with a 6.5 hp engine and your "need for speed"- bummer is that it just isn't as simple as most would lead you to believe- It's your kart and totally your time,money & safety at stake here- I'd love to see you successfully make this transplant work.