View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 03:41 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFauxFox View Post
Well, it got worse...

Before (like two weeks ago) the buggy would need a spritz of carb cleaner, and it'd start up (after a second or two of cranking) and then have to sit for a minute before I could gas it at all. Now, it BARELY starts with carb cleaner, then it promptly dies; whether I gas it or not. The longest I got it to run was 8 seconds... I took off the air filter (damn I need a UNI) all clean, I just took off the carb, and I was in the process of removing the fuel bowl and one of the screws is stripped so right now I'm waiting for the dremel to charge so I can grind new notches in the screw head for a flat-head screw driver instead of Philips. Anything you guys recommend I test/tweak? It was running perfectly last fall after the ($200) shop visit... Like 1/4 second start perfect... Man this sucks. Anyway, I'm off to test the auto-choke.

Thanks ahead of time for any response! Hope to see some of ya fellas on the trails later this year!
Edit: Just hooked up the auto-choke to a 12v battery and it got hot and the end extended, so all is well with the choke, now I'm just waiting for the dremel to charge (hate that it's wireless...) so I can grind in new notches on those screws so I can open the damned thing. I feel like the shop did that on purpose to stop me from getting into it without them to do it and charge me $200 again... anyways I'm getting in there and fixing this damned problem!

However, I still need them with the reverse. My dad won't let me re-mount the lever so I have to let them do it... How do I adjust the air/fuel ratio? IDK which screws to turn. LOL
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!