View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckau View Post
Those are sliders?? jeez, I have never, ever seen a set do that! The sliders I have used had octagon shaped inner weights. Where did you get them? I don't think I would use that brand anymore if the housing is plastic. Did they eat up the ramps in your variator?

At any rate, you definitely got your use out of them! 100 miles is usually past the life span of sliders or rollers in a buggy. In a street scooter, yes you can get high mileage out of a set, they can last quite a while but with the off road demands of a buggy, they go quick! The tremendous strain on the cvt and the constant up down shifting wears them down fast. When we compete, I figure 3 or 4 sets of rollers for one weekend depending on what we are doing.

I never got the same performance out of sliders that I got from rollers. They wouldn't shift as high as rollers [top speed].and wouldn't down shift as fast either. I have my own measured 1/10th mile oval banked test track so we spent a lot of time testing different weights and brands of rollers and sliders to find the perfect combo. You have to go up a gram or two in slider weight to get the same effect of a roller of a particular weight. 11/12 gram sliders equal 10 gram rollers.

Imo, I know a lot who swear by the sliders but I know some of them were replacing worn out rollers with fresh sliders so anything would seem like a big improvement! There is no real right or wrong. It boils down to your particular preference and driving style.
So they only last about 25 miles?!?!

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!