View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Lite Contributor

Is that a SunL Buggie? It looks very similar to my 2007 SunL. I had to replace all of the lighting, brake, horn, etc wiring due to the original owner gutting all of the lights, horns, turn signals, mirrors, etc after he rolled it and broke them all. Consequently the idiot gutted all of the wiring too. You can buy a complete harnesses, but I went to Harbor freight and bought a trailer wiring kit and wired it all in myself since all of the wiring for the engine was still intact and usable. I also added some additional 18gauge wires for the brake light and for an anticipated illuminated whip antenna later. I used a standard battery from a local buggie shop that has worked fine for my use (day & night driving). I have only had to recahrage it once in the last year due to cranking it too long during some repair issues. On mine originally there were 2 horns up top / center, and 1 down below near the passengers feet. It took some time but it was worth it to have all of the electrical back again. So far I have not reinstalled blinkers, but it's already wired for it. I also wired it for 2 additional brake lights to be mounted down near where the original blinkers were located.