View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 05:12 PM
Lite Contributor

JakeTheSnake http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682 has a bunch of attached files for a similar GY6 150cc buggy that will help. Cuddos to Jake! Not just for the electrical but for most things mechanical on your buggy (similar on most, almost exact on engine mechanical). I did a hand-over-hand on my SUNL SLGK-150 wiring and made pdf (attached) of the ignition circuit, lighting circuit and wire loom connections and color code. Trying to resurrect a basket case my son traded for. This might give you a better idea on what will work.
Usually, a fuse inline from battery positive to 1 post of flasher (either post) and the other post of the flasher to a 3 position switch (on-off-on) common terminal, the right side turn lights to 1 of the other terminals and the left side to the other or if you want all turn lights to flash (like emergency flashers on car/truck), just use a on-off switch (2 position) instead of 3 position with all turn signal lights connected to 1 terminal and the flasher wire to the other. This will be on the 'hot' side of the circuit. All your lights ground wires will be connected to a common ground connection or the frame to complete the circuit. The battery negative is connected to the frame as well as the common ground wire bundle. The lighting circuit is completely separate from the ignition unless the brake switch is also used as a safety for the starting circuit. In that case there should be at least 3 wires connected, if not 4, to the master cylinder or just the 2 on the master and a separate switch, 2 wires, actuated by the brake pedal or shaft running to the master.
Sorry for being wordy here, but you don't seem to be "electrically inclined" judging by your thread comments. Hope this helps.

Edit: courtesy monstergy6.com;
Quote:
What is a GY6?
The Honda Motor company has been said to have perfected the scooter engine design in the 1960s. Building upon that technology a newer motor, the Honda gy6 engine, was produced in the 1980s. This is a 4 stroke single cylinder, air or oil cooled design that comes standard with two overhead valves. Stock horsepower ratings can be found quoted in the range of 7.8 hp (5.8 kW) to 12.4 hp (9.2 kW). The engine is capable of producing 12,000 rpm and power upwards of 14 horsepower (10 kW) with modifications according to end users. The GY6 engine has a built in swing arm with automatic CVT transmission that is belt driven. This engine was originally manufactured in 50 cc (3.1), 125 cc (7.6 cu in), and 150 cc (9.2 cu in) engine sizes and was found in the Honda Elite and Spacey line of motor scooters. Honda no longer uses this design on their scooters, but Chinese, Korean, and Taiwanese copies of this engine are readily available. Current brands of import scooter lines that use the Honda GY6 cloned engine technology include: Kymco, PGO (imported by Genuine Scooter Company in the USA), Ricardo Motors, Roketa, Strada, SUNL, Tank, Vento, Yamati, and many others.

How do I know if I have a GY6?
If you look just under the left side engine cover, right above the kick stand, there will be a series of
engraved letters and numbers. If you see QMB139, then you have a 50cc GY6, if you see QMJ157, then you have a 150cc GY6 engine
I believe there is also 152QMI 124.65 cc 6.8 hp (5.1 kW) at 7,000 rpm 52.4 mm × 57.8 mm (2.06 in × 2.28 in) 9.2:1.
Check the other threads in the tech forum for more engine info.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SLGK-150 actual wiring.pdf (230.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by 82466; 07-13-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: helpful info for thread initiator