View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 01:32 AM
Lite Contributor

ok cool, that makes sense, I knew thats how the brakes worked but didn't really understand how the switch worked exactly but I get the gist. So with pedal pressed, how far should I back out the switch bolt/screw, you do mean to loosen the entire piece right? also should I expect fluid to come out also. Looking at the old master cylinder I can see that it is screwed in pretty far, the new one however seems to be out quite a ways, do you think that just turning it in more will pressurize the system enough? Just some thoughts there because clearly idk what i'm doing lol. Does the fact that the screws that hold on the terminals have anything to do with it? I mean, do they need to be screwed in (without wires attached of course) while I turn it in and out, or do they effect it at all. Also, is there anything I should worry about as far as letting air back into the system, I know obviously that opening the screw then letting off the pedal would do this but anything else? Thanks for all your help. I think tomorrow I'm going to take the switch out of the old master and try to understand how it works better. Things like that usually don't come to mind until after I come running here like a scared child to the parent lol. so I do apologize. But I know you guys know your stuff, I love to be educated, and maybe this will help someone else out there (maybe) Thanks again!!!