View Single Post
Old 05-25-2014, 07:14 PM
Lite Contributor

Exclamation 150cc gy6 oil leaking?

I think I may be leaking oil and I have no clue where to start. I recently upgraded my buggy (jcl mg150a style) with a new carb jetting, new iridium spark plug, new uni intake filter, and new performance cdi and coil. I also recently changed the oil. After upgrading I finally got it running (had to slightly adjust the idle screw to even get it to start) however, I did get it to run so I took it for a good ride, WOT for about 10-20 mins, was gonna check the spark plug for proper mixture. So I take it out let it get nice and warmed up, came back went in for a bit to let engine cool some and went back out to check spark plug, the engine was still a little hot to I was just generally looking over the motor went I noticed the chain was wet and black, twas oil, but i was kinda sporadically spattered about because it was flung from the chain so I couldn't directly see where the oil was coming from, I noticed there was quite a bit around the oil drain plug which would in fact leak onto chain, but there was some on top of the motor too, kindly around where the shifting cable attaches ( sorry I dont know the proper term) but it could've just ended up there from chain slinging it around. Any suggestions? I just dont have a clue about the oil workings of the engine so i'm lost on what it could be and where to start. Thanks again guys!