View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Contributor

Default Carbide won't run with air filter attached.....WTH!

I took my lightly modded carbide out for a spin and it won't get over 5mph. Once it gets to 5mph it just Boggs right down almost to a stall, it tries to rev back up but it just keeps going back down to a stall, but never stalls.

It was running fine a few days ago.

I took the carb out and thoroughly cleaned it, carbs don't get cleaner than mine at this point, I was very thorough.

Decided to check if my battery was getting charged. While at idle i. Only getting 13v max. I swapped the rectifier from my other carbide, no fix at all. Swapped CDI, no fix at all. Swapped the coil, no fix. Plug looks fine too.

I took the air box off the carb to so that I could rev it up and watch the gas spray in the carb. When I did this no bogging down at all, what?

When I put the air tube back on without filter it went right back to bogging, take it off no bogging again....WTH?

Swapped the velocity stack and uni from my other carbide, still bogged when revved, take it off no bogging when revved.....WTH?

I'm so lost, I don't know if I have a charging/ignition problem that it causing the bogging or what.

Stator maybe? What else is there?

Forgot to mention that when this all started the tach went crazy too. At idle it it would jump around from 50mph to 106mph. Also the miles started jumping around, it now says I have 0 miles on it.

2009 ASW Carbide 39T sprocket, DR Pulley 10g sliders, drilled exhaust

2010 ASW Vector bone stock