View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 01:16 AM
Supporting Vendor

I would not shoot the messanger yet. Some companies will have the repair shop send the bad parts to them than ask many questions to determine if it falls under warranty or abuse, before sending the parts to repair. I am not bad mouthing the manufacturer or sticking up for the repair shop cause I do not know the situation, but have seen both sides of the fence. This is a problem many run into when they purchase from a big box or from the internet where they drop ship. They sell the product than should you have a problem the warranty is either done by you or shipped to a third party. I know for a fact TSC gets the buggies in and designates a sales person to assemble it. I worked on a customers TSC buggy just as it went off warranty. He had a very simular problem. When I went to drain the final drive oil less than an ounce come out of the unit. Needless to say all gears and bearings as well as clutch, rollers and belt had to be replaced all at the cuastomers expence. He was told the oil was good to go when it still had the breakin oil still in it. A sales person is not a mechanic and if the customer isn't proficient with mechanical this can be trouble. This is the reason the larger companies do not drop ship or sell the internet even in slow economic times. All these big box stores and many online stores are after is the almighty dollar and could care less about customer service. And yes you also have some dealers who fall into this catagory as well but not to the same extent since they rely solely on the customer to keep them in business. Just my opinion and I'm sticking to it. TOM