View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Lurker

Default GY6 Go Kart Leaking Oil - Need New Head

Hi,
I recently bought a 150 CC go kart, we ran it for several weeks but then it started leaking oil. I made sure to keep oil somewhere from the head and dripping onto the exhaust. We continued to run it a little but it just go to be to much and uncomfortable considering how much oil was leaking out. I tore into the engine expecting to find a broken gasket but ended up finding something much worse. Turns out the nut and stud on the rocker arm worked it's way out and bounced around inside the valve cover, it ended up getting between the camshaft and head. This had enough force it cracked the head under the camshaft in the cavity above behind the spark plug.

Now I am on the search for a new head, unfortunately after days of research I appears I have a very uncommon GY6 engine. It is the b-block with 57mm stud spacing and my valve cover is only two bolts not four. I didn't have any plans of replacing the top end, was just wanting to replace the head. Now comes the question, does anyone know of someone that would carry the head that I have, if needed i could buy a new four bolt valve cover but I am having trouble even finding a standard 57mm bore with 57mm stud spacing. I have found a few very large 63mm big bore kits that may work but I am not wanting to spend that kind of money. I have loaded a few pictures of the head and damage to the link below. Thank you in advance.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2...Xh2S1RyclRxN0U