BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Lite Contributor

Default rev limiter

Does anyone have a video driving a gy6 hitting a rev limiter? I am thinking I may be hitting it and that is what I am experiencing but I am not sure. It really kind of dies off and if I let off the gas and slow down it will run fine. I don't have a tach to determine at what rpm this is happening but it sounds kind of high.

I had this problem right from the start with this buggy. Cleaned the carb, changed the filter that you may have seen in the previous thread, rejetted to a 125 main. I'm going to put 1/4" fuel line on it tonight and see if it improves.

After I rejetted and it was still happening I started to think it may be electrical and then I remembered reading that the CDI has a rev limiter built in. Could it be just the rev limiter? I would love to see/hear a video of someone hitting it to determine if it is what I am experiencing.
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 PM

I had a coil failing that would break up in higher RPM's.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Lite Contributor

I am close to BMI. I can drive over there and get one and give that a shot to see if it improves.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Lite Contributor

Here is a vid of it running to try to jump a little hill in my yard. Beware! There are ghosts in this video! hahahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Jr-...ature=youtu.be