BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Heavy Contributor

Talking AWWWWWWww YEAH!

Upgrades!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drpulley.jpg (84.4 KB, 31 views)
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-20-2013, 06:01 PM

I know this feeling. I'll ask the wife to check the mail for a week straight looking for my parts. When they arrive I normally inspect, place them where I imagine them being on the buggy, and then neatly stack them up in my toolbox for later in the week. The ones I hate are the ones that show up on mondays.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 11-20-2013, 06:20 PM
Heavy Contributor

I hear ya, not too many more riding days left this year in MA. I can only ride on sunday on the private land I have access to, so I'll be yanking the motor soon to throw in the BBK and 4 valve..
Taida 4V head with 23/22mm valves, forged 4V piston,Taida 62mm jug,forged Taida 8200 KDU stroker crank, Koso high-flow oil pump, Taida case half w/ oil cooler ports, Setrab oil cooler,TrailTec Vapor, Mikuni VM26-606, aluminum 30mm intake, Uni filter, aluminum stack, Hammerhead racing exhaust, MotoRio adjustable CDI/HO Coil, Iridium plug, Full Dr Pulley CVT kit w/ 16g sliders, JD's Mikuni slide kit

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-21-2013, 03:20 PM
Lite Contributor

So, what are the benefits of these items? What will they add to my daughters Yerf?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Heavy Contributor

Well Dav, the clutch is debatable because some will tell you that the stock clutch is strong enough on most carts to handle anything you throw at it. The variator, torque spring, sliders, etc let you dial in how the power gets from the motor to the wheels (optimize for low end/high end, clutch engagement. I bought "stage four" kit, which is basically a store throwing upgrades into one bundle to upgrade the CVT. Wiser minds than my own suggested that you don't get the full effect of motor upgrades if you don't see to the CVT as well. Dr. Pulley is a pretty good brand and I tend to jump in with both feet.. on a side note, wiser minds also said to shell out for a real suspension first, which will be my next purchase..

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Heavy Contributor

Oh, and I'm a mechanical idiot. My two skill sets are telecommunications and heavy weapons systems, neither of which transfers over to working on buggies...

2014 Kandi 90B
Old 11-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Heavy Contributor

XD wildbob!!! So funny!
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbob View Post
Oh, and I'm a mechanical idiot. My two skill sets are telecommunications and heavy weapons systems, neither of which transfers over to working on buggies...
sure they do, install gps tracking,/targeting system on buggy, when it acts up, step over to the 105 howie and fix the problem.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbob View Post
Make you a deal, I'll install anything you want, you just set me up with one of those new rail guns......

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 11-21-2013, 07:06 PM
Heavy Contributor

I'll leave the 105's for the red legs X-bird but it'd be nice to have a Mk-19 on the roll bars..

2014 Kandi 90B