BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM
Contributor

Default Buggys that's came and gone

In the last 3 years and less we have had a Roketa dealershop and a Sunl along with a Yamabuggy dealership and all are gone now.Not from a bad economy but because of the owners health or a disagreement with the building owners they leased from.The man that owned the building for the Rocketa shop claims they were dumping engine oil into the toilets so he kicked them out and then the Sunl-Yamabuggy shop owner had a heart attack so he closed leaving the remains of the Hammerhead shop we have already talked about and that's all we have in buggys now.What about parts and service for the Roketas Sunls and Yamabuggys that were sold while these guys were still around??? mancoman
Old 04-25-2012, 07:30 AM
Administrator

we actually really liked our yamabuggy. It does seem like the shops are drying up.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 AM
Contributor

BuggyMaster the Sunl-Yamabuggy dealer sold buggys about as fast he got them in.The Yamabuggy 400cc sold for around $5500.oo but there again he could not keep em in stock as he had gotten 4 in at a time and out the door they went!This goes for the 150 250 400 and 800 goka's as well as the Chinese Rhinos.He was from Greece and the shop hours was from 7am till 7pm at night and he could not keep managers so he had to run the shop himself at 66years old and then his health turned bad.Also you had to be carefull joking around with this man as he had a bad temper and would take joking serious.If this were my shop the hours would have been 9am to 5pm and saturdays 9am to 1pm. mancoman
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Contributor

Everything I have seen around here is because of poor supply chain. We had 2 shops within 100 miles that carried HammerHeads. One is out of business and the other only sells scooters now? Even when I am ordering parts it takes a long time to get them. Luckly they have all been avaliable so far.

Most offroad dealers here are closed Sunday and Monday's the rest of the time they are 10 am to 6 pm.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Contributor

Wonder what Sycarms shop hours are? mancoman
Old 04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Contributor

I have talked to Tom at all hours so I think he takes business as it comes. Great guy Tom!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Power User

I think a lot of the companies came in, made their money then cut and ran hanging a lot of people out to dry in terms of both customers and shops. I've been doing a lot of research into the business side of these things, and there is a lot of money to be made up top, really thin further down the supply line.
Old 04-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Supporting Vendor

I'm advertised as 9-5 M-F and 8-12 on sat closed sun. But since the shop in behind my house I'll pickup anytime since the economy has created a poor business for these buggies. Many came in to this business due to the strong trend and profits then dropped it when the profits erroded , and some were driven out due to the poor economy. Not only does the economy hurt a business like ours but government regulations with the EPA and closing of many trails.This is why I'm a staunch supporter of the AMA since they do all the fighting for our sport. Everyone on here should be a member or at least subscribe to their alerts as to what is happening. We all need to stand together and do out part with writing, faxing or e-mailing our representatives or our sport will be history in the not so distant future. Right now all state parks in Mississippi are closed to ORV. The corps of engineers will let you ride on the lake bottoms when their down but thats about it. Private trails in Northern Mississippi are non existant. Those who tried to open them met great opposition from the land developers and those who had opened them closed up when the state required them to get a liability policy in case anyone got hurt. We now in this state have to charge a $50.00 Trauma fee for every new or used ORV including golf carts, which is to offset the cost of calling in the Medivac when someone cracks open their head while drinking and ridding. But the law does not require you to wear a helmet. One used to have a 25% markup on buggies but today your lucky if it is 10% so why would anyone want to invest $10,000 or more in buggies with a 10% markup which leaves you with maybe 3% profit. Many on the internet will be OK with a 3% profit but they don't stock what they sell, they just drop ship and have 0 overhead and 0 support. Out west every year more land is being closed due to being named a Heritage site by the United Nations which requires also a buffer along the outer perimiter of the Heritage Site. Foreners are now dictating our policy and not our representatives. Everyone on here needs to get involved even if you are not feeling the effects because sooner then later you will be effected.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
Contributor

Sycarms the epa is out of control.I sold replacement windows and entry doors to homes and business and we had to test any pre 1978 home for business for lead which required to us take a 9 hour coarse on how to test and what to do if it was found.All our work was done on a estimate basis with no guarantee of them buying,but we had to make a small deep cut in the wood and peal the paint back and then use drops and if the paint turned blood red this meant lead and could add several hundred $$$ to the bid and in a lot of cases the customer could no longer afford it.If we did not test for lead the EPA could fine my company for 1000's of $$$'s. mancoman