BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 10-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Lurker

Default What to get???

Hi,
I am new to the forum, but have been reading it for several weeks. I have read all of the "reviews" and still not sure what to do...
I started out looking for a "go kart" for my 9 year old grandson. One thing then another... Now I think I am looking for more of a "buggy" style kart.
What can I get for around $700 or so ?
What should I look for ?
Thanks !!
JCloud
PS I am now thinking about a buggy for me too... could be lots of FUN
Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 PM
Power User

lots of choices in the used market for that price level, just depends on where you're located. west coast, midwest, and southern states have a lot more usable land and you can find a lot in those regions on craigslist. the northeast is pretty slim pickings for anything other than backyard go karts. A 150cc GY6 2 seater would be a good choice, there are a lot of defunct brands out there with particular parts availability issues. If you search craigslist using the term "buggy" you'll get more mini buggys and won't have to wade through all the backyard karts. Post links to what you find of interest here for feedback ...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Lurker

Thanks... I live in South Carolina, for what that is worth. I will try using Buggy as the search word... Thanks .
I am also noticing folks are starting to ask more saying this will make a great Christmas gift.
I am really thinking more that I need one too so we can play together.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:16 PM

Default Defenitly 2!

Welcome to the beginings of a whole lot of family and friends fun!!! Dont hesitate to get more than one if your budget can handle it. The best move ive made in awhile was to by 2 same model buggy's for my daughter and I! before that I had a quad and she had a roketa gk17 with a few performance upgrades, dont get me wrong we love the little 110 and have it to this day running perfectly, but once I got us both the "big" buggy's its been game on since! keepem rollin bear
Old 10-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Lurker

Thanks Bear sounds like fun.
What buggy did you buy?
Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 PM

Default A long search

It took me 9mos of shopping, but I came up with a pair of dazon 150r classic 1 seater raiders, got some great buggy's at an awesome price! so dont rush it get what u really want! keepem rollin bear