BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Lite Contributor

Default low end torgue without losing top end

What is the best way to increase lowend torgue without losing top end? I have the stage 1 red neck upgrade on it and it has all kind of power on my yerf spiderbox 150 when I get the RPM up. But my low end bad and It doesn't seem to have the take off with my 22X11 tires or with my stock tires. I'm on a beer bugdet so be kind
Old 04-25-2013, 10:13 PM

Hello. Any relation to Billy Womack the Polaris racer by chance?

Not too much you can do to gain 1 and not affect the other in these karts. Tom Syc put it best when he said you usually take from Peter (low end TQ) in order to pay Paul. (top end)

The only way to keep both is to build the motor's HP, which can get quite pricey.

Have you done all of the suggested things to try first?

UNI air filter ($30), redneck intake ($10), open up the stock muffler (FREE), rejet carb ($15), 12 gram sliders or rollers( $15-25), 1500 RPM main contra spring ($20)?

To gain more FREE power, it's best to remove the exhaust header and port match the exhaust pipe to the cylinder head as well as the intake manifold to the head. They usually come with alot of restriction that can free up some HP.

If you've done all of that, then consider going with an A12 camshaft ($35) next and rejetting the carb for the new cam.

Here's a good list for you to look through.

http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4191
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 PM

Yep, need more power, plain and simple. Like xlint said, unless you want to start the balancing act of messing with the CVT.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 04-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Heavy Contributor

Dr2. Variator from (kidnmeparts.com) have your low end and top end both for about $100.. .... I would go with the 10gram/12gram sliders or 9/11gram sliders.... now if I had the know how as a mechanic id go with what's mentioned above...Eddie.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:57 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quite often some gain can be had from changes to the cvt as they generally come tuned for a much lighter scooter. But power is what's needed for bottom and top together. Port matching can give a nice gain and switching out from stock cam to an A12 or even A13 will help the bottom end a lot.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Lite Contributor

I haven't tried opening up the exhaust yet good ideal, in fact all are good suggestiom. I need to open up my cvt and chack and maybe put in those slider weights. The one thing I did different on my intake from UNI to carb is use a chrome tailpipe off a sink drain and it has been working well. Once again thanks for all the help
Old 04-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Lite Contributor

I have thought about the Dr vib in theory it sound like it would work well. Has anyone tried it yet? My buggy has been sitting for about a year after I had started up grading.
But it doesn't feel as quick as it use to. Maybe it just me because I have started taking both of my toys out 2nd you 660 raptor but its a blast to swap ride 1 then ride other them back to first. I'm still able to empress people with what my kart will do.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Heavy Contributor

You may need to rejet ur main jet if you installed the uni filter. And you'll have to rejet again if you open ur muffler, do a wot test and check ur plug your probably running a little lean (bad). The raptor 660 will make the buggy seem slow. You'll never get ur buggy to move like the raptor unless you swap ur motor to a much larger atv motor.