BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Contributor

Default I wish i had my own shop

I am so frustrated right now that I could pull out what hair I have left. For those watching my pojo build , you know that I took a break to get my Yerf ready to sell for build funds. Well the engine rebuild went great, fired and ran smooth from the get go. However the battery was a little weak, so I left it on the charger over night. I just don't get it , my kids have learned that when daddy is working on something, don't mess with it. Then my wife decided to push the buggy to get at something, that she thought was in the area. Needles to say (I was gone), that it made the positive terminal of the charger go to ground, so it burnt up the charger and for some reason burned up all of the wiring that went to the lights. So now I will just take the lights off, most people will not know the difference and it will lock better then a hack wiring job.

Also for those of you that are interested in robotics. I will be selling a VEX robotics kit for very cheap (al new) Think erector set on steroids It would be about 1/2 the price of new and is a great learning tool for those up and coming engineer types. Hit me with a PM if interested.

Just added - 2007 Joyner 250 SV - Let the fun begin

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 PM

Yeah, my wife knows better than to mess with my build junk. If it is on the bench, or in the tool boxes, then fair game, all the rest, NO TOUCH!! I also tend to leave anything she might need and all the little one's toys easily accessible. Then again, father in-law is also mechanic, so she learned early on.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Contributor

that's the worst part, my father in law was a mechanic also, but sometimes she is like a bull in a china shop.

4-Dirt Bikes, Baja Bug and enough toys to keep me in the garage and out of trouble.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Power User

sorry to hear, but glad you didn't lose the whole place. my wife too grew up with a mechanic father (shell's fleet mechanic at sewaren refinery) and a crowded garage. And sadly, she just doesn't have it with the tools or being careful in a garage packed with ongoing projects. ironically though, its my two cats that do the most damage ... one just loves to knock small things off shelves and tables and bat said things along the floor. my 10 mm 3/8ths socket was her last victim, (that i know of) buried somewhere under the mga frame ... the other sleeps on the firebird and pretty much whatever is in his way hits the floor.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:36 AM
Supporting Vendor

I used to work out of my garage but the ex complained all the time that she could not park her car in it, so I built my shop and cleaned everything out of the garage so that she could park her car in the garage. Well she then complained it was too hard to lift the door and wanted an automatic door opener. The problem is the garage was a carport in which she never parked her car in and I enclosed it but there was not enough overhead space for a opener to be mounted. Well she never parked her car in it. Also the overhead door is always open since there was nothing in the garage but she could not park her car if the door was open for someone might steal her car. So she left it outside half the time with the key's in it. Now I have a totally open mind if anyone would care to explain to me the logic behind it I'm all ears.
Old 11-22-2013, 12:53 PM
Contributor

I have my own personal shop and those problems still happen. Especially when it comes to the kids, they cant leave anything alone.

2009 ASW Carbide 39T sprocket, DR Pulley 10g sliders, drilled exhaust

2010 ASW Vector bone stock
Old 11-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Contributor

I've got the kids trained pretty well. In fact my 8 year old daughter is my main helper. She always want to know what for and how and is pretty good at handing me tools. I just wish that my son was the same way. He does like to build things, just not the same things as me.

Old 11-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Heavy Contributor

You all need to lock all doors to garrage when ur not home and take the keys with you. Ur wives car will have to be parked out in driveway till you come home from work. Sycarms there is no logic to that sorry.