BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 07-26-2022, 03:16 PM
Lurker

Default Hammerhead grinding in all gear positions

My kids managed to roll the hammerhead gts platinum on its side the other day. It now grinds when revved in neutral/forward/reverse. Same grind sound as if it is idling too high when shifted into gear. Any idea on what I should look at or adjust with the transmission?
Thanks
Jon
Old 08-02-2022, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry for long delay- I had to go look to see what a roll over could damage on the gear shift mechanism. I'm assuming this is an external reverse unit. Best thing I can see is check the mounting parts to the cable at the motor/reverse mechanism. A bent cable that's not moving properly will cause this issue. Adjusting the cable at the motor end is probably needed or cable replacement if the support brackets are intact.If the cable doesn't place the planetary gear in exactly the right position it'll be in between gears in all positions.Hope this helps
Old 08-04-2022, 01:45 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
Sorry for long delay- I had to go look to see what a roll over could damage on the gear shift mechanism. I'm assuming this is an external reverse unit. Best thing I can see is check the mounting parts to the cable at the motor/reverse mechanism. A bent cable that's not moving properly will cause this issue. Adjusting the cable at the motor end is probably needed or cable replacement if the support brackets are intact.If the cable doesn't place the planetary gear in exactly the right position it'll be in between gears in all positions.Hope this helps
Thanks for replying! It actually turned out to be the roll cage rattling and it sounded just like the grind if you shift and go at too high of rpm. I cranked down the roll cage bolts and no issues now!