BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > FrankenBuggy Tech

FrankenBuggy Tech Unconventional and Home Built Buggy Tech Forum

Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Picture Update of "Man"co Go Kart

Hi, I thought I would throw a few pics up of my work in progress. I have the cage part of the chassis all done along with the 1/4" thick custom a-arm mounting plates. This started out as a manco 196cc go kart that was given to me about 6 weeks ago. I only get to work on it on Saturdays but finally have tubular frame done. It is now a two seater with RCI Racing buckets. I will have a 16hp engine with the Polaris FRN transmission that I just completely rebuilt and turned the shafts down for a comet 40 series clutch. All the tubing is 1" DOM bent with my mandrel bender. Hope you like it. The side view is the mock up with wheels. They are Douglas 10 x 8 wheels with 23 x 8 wide on the front and 23 x 10 wide on the rear. Thanks for looking.. Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arm Mount.jpg (52.6 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg Floor Bars 2.jpg (87.3 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Front 2.jpg (76.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Front 3.jpg (95.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg Front.jpg (76.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg Side 1.jpg (96.6 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Side 2.jpg (49.4 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Side 3.jpg (51.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 01-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Power User

Really nice, clean work. I like the iron cross nose---any connection to schneider racing cams? I see you have what looks like the miller xp135 with the good heat range dial--your welding gear is nearly identical to mine ))).
Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Iron Cross

Hi, No affiliation, my wife just likes the cross. She was a big west coast chopper fan.... I have a miller matic 180, 220 volt...Thanks for looking.. Robert
Old 01-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome fabrication-Where's the Manco portion?!!!! Can I come use your shop?!!!! The design looks incredible and the West Coast chopper emblem is a nice detail. Can't wait to see how your engine/driveline comes together- This is definetly turning out alot nicer than I imagined from your first posts & questions. Great job so far
Old 01-16-2012, 01:14 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Back Bar and Dash Bar

Basically all I used off the manco is the little piece of frame where the rear swing arm connects and the dash bar that I widened. Rest of the chassis is all scratch built. I should of just built the whole thing from scratch.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertnoble View Post
Basically all I used off the manco is the little piece of frame where the rear swing arm connects and the dash bar that I widened. Rest of the chassis is all scratch built. I should of just built the whole thing from scratch.
Funny how that happens . By the time you figure out and address all the areas needing improvement, there's not much left of the original.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:12 PM
Lite Contributor

I wish you lived closer I would let you anytime. There are very few people up here in Michigan that are into "Toys" like I am. Or I wish I lived closer to you...
Old 01-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Lite Contributor

Wow! Looking good. Nice fab work, can't wait to see more. Keep us updated when you can.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Lite Contributor

Default No Problem

I only can work it on sat. due to my work and family schedule. I have all the parts purchased. I am using a 16hp duromax motor, and bought a polaris atv fnr transmission and have all the machine work done on the shafts and all assembled with a comet 40 on it. I am using MCP hydraulic disc brakes on it. My father engineered and built a really neat shifter for the three shifts. I am using 16" on center fully rebuildable and adjustable shocks from artic cat. I am using zl500 on the front, it is a single spring rate with a gas shock fully adjustable, and zr500 with same adjustments on the rear but a dual rate spring for the extra weight. I bought a rack and pinion off a razor and am using CKAU a arm designs with the 1/2 20 heim joints from Jegs performance. I am having a custom made polished diamond aluminum plate floor made for it. My goal is to have it all painted and put together by spring but all depends on time and work schedule. But I will update you with new pics as soon as more progress is made. Thanks for looking and all your great comments. Robert