BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 10-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Lurker

Default Gas Problem

Hello I have a carbide 150cc mini buggy. I have been having a problem with it for a while now. It doesnt seem to be getting any gas. We have checked the carb and cleaned it abd put it back on but it still doesnt seem to be getting gas. If i get it to start by slim chance and push the gas pedal it dies. Can anyone help me to figure out what i can do to get this thing to work. It has hardly been used since it was bought. Please any insight would be greatful.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Heavy Contributor

The gas cap has a vent. If it is blocked, it will create a vacuum. Try running it without the cap.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Power User

ditto the above, had my work mowers drive me nuts with plugged vents on the caps. if that's not it, then it still may be with the carb and plugged passages from this lovely junk that passes for fuel nowadays ....
Old 10-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

i agree too!!Have you already verified the carb is getting a good fuel supply? disconnect fuel line @ the carb with the gas cap on,thencap off,reconnect line then open the drain screw at the bottom of the carb. if those items check out then it's carb related.If not it's in the tank or petcock.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Lurker

ok the carb is getting enough fuel i now know that it is a carb problem what type of carb is on it as I am not 100% sure. And can i get a carb rebuild kit or do i just buy a new one
Old 10-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Supporting Vendor

Just disassemble the carb totally and purchase some carb dip from your local napa or carquest(barryman carb dit) and soak the carb for several hours, in the process check the diaphrams for any holes. Remove carb from dip rince under cold water and blow thru all orifices and jets with compressed air. If no compressed ait a can of compressed air will work. Carb is just fine, never had one cleaning did not solve problem and only one in 7 years had a bad air bleed diaphram. A kit for these contain only a bowl seal, float, needle valve and main jet. Also you should check for vacume leak @ intake, as well as valve adjustment.

TOM
Old 10-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Lurker

i would love if that would work but the person i had clean it out the way u said took out the air intake screw and lost the little metal washer and rubber that was on it and now we cannot find it. I have called around and i cannot seem to find replacements for it
Old 10-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Power User

try to find a local store that sells and service mowers and other small engines. bring your carb in, and i'm sure after a few minutes of searching, one will be found.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Heavy Contributor

The local hardware stores are much better for these items than the big box ones.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Supporting Vendor

The o-ring can be found at a local hardware or automotive store, I have put them back together without the washer and it has worked. Just make sure the o-ring is seated fully before inserting the adjustment screw.

TOM