BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 12-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Lurker

Default Help!!!

I need help!! I am new to the karting community. I bought this week a Manco Carbide with the 150cc. I thought I got a good deal on it. But as it turns out I didnt. While cleaning the carb I found a ton of dirt inside the motor. The guy I bought it from had been running it without and air filter. I need a new engine and transmission. Where do I look?

Thanks for any and all help
Old 12-18-2011, 12:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

Why do you think you need a new engine? Is it burning oil? If so replace the rings, at worst you will have to replace the cylinder. These are easy engines to work on .
Old 12-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Lurker

Thank you for your reply. I may have been a bit pre-mature in thinking that I needed a new motor. My reasoning was that I bought it with the understanding that there was one or two gears broken in the transmission. So when I got the carb cleaned out and dirt kept re-appearing in it and blue smoke was pouring out of the exhaust my thoughts were why rebuild the motor and transmission when I had seen new motors and transmissions ranging from 250-500 dollars. But subsequently the motor now runs and idles great without any blue smoke. It does occansionally die at idle after 2-3 minutes, which I am not sure why. I found the two broken gears and a leaky oil cooling line that I need to replace...Ohh and the rear brakes need to be redone. So my $250 buy might not be so bad after all. Do you carry parts for the Carbide? If so I will be giving you a call tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

sure do give me a call Monday 662-301-1563