BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Heavy Contributor

Default Well this is a new one

It turned out the motor I planned to use had, what I thought to be, a bad starter clutch. Starter spun fine but would not spin the crank. Well fine! not a real big deal but a delay. So today I install a new clutch, get the motor all buttoned and Nothing! Same problem! Starter spins but no engagement. Ok so maybe by chance got a bum clutch. Back to base one. Tear it all back down again, install a positively working clutch from another motor. Now I got two motors torn apart. And Same Problem! WTF! This isn't rocket science and it's not my first rodeo so what's the deal. Everything is in place, everything is as should be.
After a good hard look at the starter it's self, I discover its running backwards! No, it's not wired wrong but if I reverse the positive and negative connections it runs in the correct direction. A full days work and frustration only to find this strange anomaly. I've never come across a starter behaving this way. Unfortunately at this point I ran out of time so it will be next weekend before I can replace this POS starter. Again I would like to "thank" BMI for assuring me this motor was in "good working condition"!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:30 PM
Heavy Contributor

Lol... its probably the wires from the buggy that are wired backwards...