BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-23-2021, 10:13 PM
Lurker

Default Frame question

Hello I have a friend that recently purchased a frame and was wondering if anybody might be able to tell us what it is. We were thinking maybe a mini Sandrail or Wingless mini sprint? It’s in great condition and he is going to put it up for sale but was wondering what it actually is?
Thanks for any help
I attached two pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC189705-8067-4588-B5A0-F6BC3DDEC16A.jpg (19.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg F849A089-6DAC-413B-B08D-CDA3545ADDD6.jpg (14.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-25-2021, 01:32 AM
Super Moderator

IMO - I don't believe it's a mini sprint, you can see a typical mini sprint chassis construction by looking @ my thread pic's "a different type of buggy" - if it is then it's a long way from being finished as it doesn't have any of the normal mounting hardware that's welded to the frame.Also most mini sprints have the engine bay on the side which this doesn't have. As for a sandrail it doesn't have enough engine space @ the rear or typical shock mounting points @ the front. I think it's just a frame someone made to be a kart.It's really closer to a cross kart construction than anything I know of. It appears pretty straight/uniformly constructed though.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:56 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
IMO - I don't believe it's a mini sprint, you can see a typical mini sprint chassis construction by looking @ my thread pic's "a different type of buggy" - if it is then it's a long way from being finished as it doesn't have any of the normal mounting hardware that's welded to the frame.Also most mini sprints have the engine bay on the side which this doesn't have. As for a sandrail it doesn't have enough engine space @ the rear or typical shock mounting points @ the front. I think it's just a frame someone made to be a kart.It's really closer to a cross kart construction than anything I know of. It appears pretty straight/uniformly constructed though.
Thanks for the info! Allen was asking on my behalf before I had joined the forum. What do you think a realistic asking price would be? I'm new to the scene and have little knowledge. I'd like to get a fair price for it but don't want to be that asshole asking an arm and a leg for something that may not be worth that. It's not a notable manufacturer or specific design but definitely well made so...where should I start. Thanks for your help!
Old 06-29-2021, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Well in my area people are asking $150. for CHEAP-OLE yard karts, the kind that cost $400. new and they are well beyond their life span from ZERO maintenance.