BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 12-10-2018, 06:12 PM
Lurker

Default Newb from Independence Mo

Hello all! I am going to be buying a buggy soon and will want to do some mods for more power. Family are trail riders and take many ATV off road vacations.

Heath O
Old 12-11-2018, 10:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

Welcome to the addiction. What brand buggy you going to get?
Old 12-13-2018, 06:50 AM
Lurker

I am looking at the trailmaster 150 or the hammerhead. I like the GY6 engine. It looks like there are any aftermarket products. I am here to learn how to get more hill climbing power out of the machine. No drastic inclines but occasionally there are some inclines on the trail that I need to get up.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Contributor

First thing I'd suggest is playing with the weights in the variator and get that fine tuned. I wanna say I have 12 gram sliders in my kinroad.

After that a redneck intake and a good unifilter.

Better (free flowing) exhaust. Built my own but buggy depot has since started producing a model.

Finally tires, just about every buggy I've seen comes with lawn friendly tires that aint worth a hoot on the trail. I'm a fan of GBC dirt devils, the kenda bear claws also seem popular. IPC mud lites are also popular but after having a set on a 4 wheeler for a year now they are about bald trail riding where the dirt devils I have on my buggy are still good so I wouldn't suggest them. Both are about the same age and run the same places, YMMV

Then you can get into engine mods if you choose.

Welcome from arkansas.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:52 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstad View Post
I am looking at the trailmaster 150 or the hammerhead. I like the GY6 engine. It looks like there are any aftermarket products. I am here to learn how to get more hill climbing power out of the machine. No drastic inclines but occasionally there are some inclines on the trail that I need to get up.
Both Hammerhead and Trailmaster are good buggies since they are still using the 150cc engine. Others will have the 200cc engine which looks identical to the 150 but the main parts head,cylinder cam will not fit. If looking used you can add Kinroad to the list of good buggies although they are no longer in business in this country parts are still available. As far as mods go it will depend on your location you will be riding in and what you want to spend to make more power. It's best not to get too far ahead in that I mean , get the kart and drive it. This will give you an idea as to where the deficiencies are for the type of riding you are doing so that your not just dumping money into it with no results. Also by taking 1 step at a time you will realise what each mod has done to improve performance.
Old 12-20-2018, 06:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Just realized the title gives your location.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Lurker

I ended up with a a used trailmaster challenger 150.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

Good buggy.