BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 12:36 AM
Contributor

Talking clutch issue

So I'm waiting for some performance parts to come in. I've ordered the NCY performance main pulley, and another brand performance variator with 10 gram sliders, I have installed already all 1500 springs,on a performance clutch and the main pulley. I decided while I'm waiting to tear it down to get ready for my newest parts to come in. (Should be Monday through Wednesday) anyways.... my performance clutch has a pad that has seperated or peeled up from the rearward side of the pad. So now it is the same length as a stock clutch pad...... so I'm wondering if I should just look past this?or will this throw it off balanceand possibly twist the whole clutch shaft in the future? And instead of just scraping the clutch could I just cut the other two pads down to the same length as the seperated one? Anyone?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 AM
Contributor

I would send it back and get what you paid for. I had a 62mm piston kit ncy that was bored out of round sent it back and got a srp 62mm piston kit and the piston pin was crooked. Got another piston and then was able to build the motor.

I hate waiting also but if its not right send it back.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Contributor

Yeah johnny,but I've already used it a few good rides and its worn, I just don't think they would accept it back being used. I wonder how a carbon fiber or Kevlar padded clutch would hold up?
Old 03-02-2013, 01:48 PM

How about posting a pic of the clutch? That might help.

How long ago did you buy it?

Even if the clutch is used, it should be able to hold up. That's what it's made to do. "perform"

Anyway, let's see what you got please.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM

slightly off topic here but what size is that dam nut on that clutch?
Old 03-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Contributor

I have a 1 1/2 and a 1 9/16 sockets that I use because both buggys have different size cluth retainer nuts. The first time I removed A clutch I put it in my large bench vise and wraped a old tee shirt around the clutch for better grip and was able to crack it loose.
I then put it on the ground and put my feet on it and hold it down and remove the nut.

I also mark the nut and the clutch before removing it so when its retightend you dont over do it. If you do it in the vise be carefull dont drop it on your foot if it slips out of the vise

But if your replacing the cluth marking it wont help. I use a 3/8 impact gun with a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter and set my impact gun on the second setting and snug it up and hit it two times and stop, because it wont take much to strip this out.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:37 AM
Contributor

I'll get pics posted as soon as possible guys.I been pretty busy these last 24 hrs. But for now I gotta crash
Old 03-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Contributor

pics up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (1.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (1.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (1.8 KB, 30 views)
Old 03-03-2013, 03:42 PM
Contributor

i have it next to the stock clutch for a comparison
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 PM

I don't think that little bit of pad missing is going to be an imbalance issue, but let's see what everyone else has to offer.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Heavy Contributor

A piece of my pad broke off when I used a c-clamp on it to hold it. I tightend it to tight and broke. Been using it like this for about 3 months. Don't feel anything out of balance. Actually forgot about it till I read this forum. Lol...Eddie.