BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Lite Contributor

Default gy6 throttle screw/ not starting / uprgraded

Hey guys, got some issues with my buggy not starting. I recently upgraded in the following ways: new UNI redneck intake, new main jet installed, new hq sparked plug and new performance Cdi and coil. So I know I installed everything right but I can't get it to turn over. I bought the buggy used and the guy I bought it from said since it only has fwd and reverse to not press the gas while starting it because it will flood. I notices that it idles really low once started so I looked at the IDLE SCREW and it was not contacting the throttle at all. So after upgrading and it wouldn't start I. decided tand o screw the throttlescrew down some and it started! But I'm scared to leave the throttle screw like that. Any suggestions?
Old 05-24-2014, 06:20 PM

you can leave the screw where it is at. it should contact that arm on there. as long as its not slamming hard when you put it in gear it will be fine. the reason he said don't touch the gas when cranking is because it has a automatic choke on it, no need to touch gas on it till warmed up and ready to go.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Lite Contributor

ok thanks for that. Another buddy of mine who used to work on honda motors told me I may have put too large of a jet in there (I lack direction with this because the stock one wasn't stamped so I've just been guessing.) It just concerns me because it used to (stock) start ok without the idle screw engaged, so I would assume it should remain the same format, but idk.