BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 01-11-2014, 04:16 PM
Lurker

Default loose wires

I have a 150cc that was purchased for my kids. it runs great, but wont recharge the battery and Im sure its something to do with a few loose wires. The previous owners pulled some wires loose and thats how I got it. Soon as battery dies its like it ran out of gas. can anyone tell me where these wires go. I downloaded the carbide manual but wire colors dont match....thanks for any help

Old 01-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Supporting Vendor

First, what brand buggy is it? The engine will run without the battery, it has a magneto. The battery not charging could be due to either a bad regulator, Stator, or battery itself. The first pic is correct it has a DCV cdi which uses 2 less wires than the ACV cdi. The second picture the grn/wt wire looks as if it broke at the terminal just look in the general area and you should see the other broken half. The blu/wt wire goes to the trigger switch in the stator. Find where wraped wires come up out of the engine case right passenger side engine and just trace to find the break. I couldn't tell if there is a blunt end crimp which is used on extra wires that carry a current or if it has a broken terminal.The last pic I believe that to be an extra ground for some acessory. If that bl/wt. wire is indeed broken the engine will not start for it won't get spark.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Lurker

thanks....its a carbide fox 150

Im thinking that that green may be a ground....

Also i found a 2 wire plug connector with no where to go. at this point im starting to think maybe something is missing that these should plug into...as far as wire going to passenger side, not near enough length for that. Anyone have a electrical area pic they could share??
Old 01-13-2014, 09:08 AM

your carb, should have a 2 wire plug going to it for the electric choke. is it there and already plugged in?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:42 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman007007 View Post
your carb, should have a 2 wire plug going to it for the electric choke. is it there and already plugged in?
Thanks!...ill check that. I hope thats what it is, but it seems to crank fine, even in cold weather.

I do know that as long as a charged battery is connected, it runs great. disconnect the battery and it dies instantly. so thats telling me something with the magneto possibly isnt working correctly. Im only guessing it has something to do with these wires.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Supporting Vendor

The 2 wires you show are a blue/white and a green/white. Looking at the schematic I see neither color combo listed. The blue /white I thought went to the trigger on the stator according to the schematic should be a blue/yellow, and the green/white is not shown but a green/yellow is. Be certain the stripes are indeed white and not yellow for the camera may show it different. The blue/white looks to have a blunt crimp so as not to ground out on the frame. Confirm this for if it is it would be used for an option not on your buggy, this is common. The green/white definitely went somewhere which is evident by the broken terminal. The only black wire in the schematic shows it going to the light & ignition switch and the cdi. This is a hot and not a ground. The best thing you can do is to download the schematic from the ASW website then sit down and look over the wires tracing them to find where they go. With the ignition on check that you have 12V at the cdi blk. wire.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Power User

check all of your engine bolts, the green with the broken terminal may be the engine ground. the blue white may have a corresponding end buried inside the wire loom.