BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > ATV Dirt Bike and UTV Forums > Side by Side Forum

Side by Side Forum Forum for Side by Sides

Old 08-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Default Polaris 1000....wow...

The side by side world keeps getting hotter.... Polaris recently announced a fat-ass 107hp RZR!!! Of course sticker price is $19999.....but man that would be fun...
Old 08-17-2013, 02:50 PM

I saw the official test drive promo vid on youtube, dude was blasting about 60mph through the dunes, stopped, and said "now lets try high rage". Serious business at a serious price no doubt.

The new gators are looking decent, but starting at $17k, way out of my price range.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Power User

for all the advertising "hype" they show with the sxs's one thing that gets me is the construction methods. if they put out a 100+ hp model without beefing up the suspension and its connection points i'd be afraid to run one in my neck of the woods. both the rzrs and the can am tore off part of their front end where it attaches in the first race of the season. thinner gauge metal than a spiderbox bulkhead. a lot of people get the impression from the ads that these things are built to take a severe thrashing.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
for all the advertising "hype" they show with the sxs's one thing that gets me is the construction methods. if they put out a 100+ hp model without beefing up the suspension and its connection points i'd be afraid to run one in my neck of the woods. both the rzrs and the can am tore off part of their front end where it attaches in the first race of the season. thinner gauge metal than a spiderbox bulkhead. a lot of people get the impression from the ads that these things are built to take a severe thrashing.
A thrashing in sand, thats about what I get from the promos, but most people that sink $20k in something like that aren't going to beat the crap out of it like we would. From what I understand, the gator's are built better, but JD has gotten really dodgy with parts and service as of late, unless you live near a farming community, then they have no choice but to cater to your needs.

Going out on a limb here, but I would venture to say most of the big brand SxS are built off a modified ATV frame, carrying 2-3x the weight and power, thats where you find the weak points in the front end. My $0.02.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 03-07-2015, 10:56 AM
Lite Contributor

I helped a guy tow his trailer home one day. He gave me a ride in his 1000 4 seater. We were on some pretty rough terrain and unpaved trails. It went over it like it was butter. And hammer down pretty much the whole time. I don't have the money for it, but see my frankenbuggy build and you'll see what I settled for. I'm pretty sure we'll be in the market for one of the used polaris models at some point when we get tired of breaking stuff in our experiment.
Old 03-12-2015, 06:39 AM
Supporting Vendor

The thing of it is, those high dollar toy's break just like our buggies do and are a whole lot more to repair. Besides it is impossible to beat them like our buggies when you are making payments on them.