BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Lite Contributor

Default exhaust pipe broke off of my 3206

well when i was riding today on the last around the trails my exhaust pipe broke off right where the pipe meets the head and of course my wife said when I got home "can't you go riding and not come back with a broke kart". I must admit that I had been riding it like I stoled it and it was doing good, real good with all the mod I've done to it. Now I need to find a new exhaust. I guess it had broke at the mount on the gear box and I didn't realise it until it broke off by the head. Does anyone know where I can buy an upgraded exhaust? or can someone that has built one for their 3206 build one for me? I'm not a welder and don't know of one to use. I saw that BD has a stock one but i need ya'll thought on putting back on a stock exhaust. I have read that there is not much differents and the stock exhaust works just as well
Old 08-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Hate to say it -But welcome to the Spiderbox maintenance crew!!!! I/my wife broke her exhaust twice before I went extreme with the additional support rods welded to the length of the pipe for the same reason.My wife drives like she stole her's too!!! I don't have the stock exhaust anymore to duplicate it for you since I moved her's to the other side of the engine/swingarm and you living in Dallas makes a trip to your house not impractical. If you buy another stock exhaust find someone (muffler shop maybe) and weld the additional supports to make it worry free if you can.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Lite Contributor

On mine it had some extra rods welded to the pipe where it bends around and goes to the back. Does the stock one comes with the extra support rods? Mine broke right at the head above the support rods. If the stock one doesn't have those I should put them on and should I also have a second mount somewhere? Maybe to the A frame with a rubber bushing on it
Old 08-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a pic of what I did to resolve the pipe breaking-http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/at...2&d=1310958484
The additional rods don't allow the pipe to expand to the point of breaking and stabilize it from vibration. The stock pipe as I recall uses the rod to help stabilize the muffler only.The use of a rubber grommet(I thought the same thing) really isn't neccessary- what you need is the pipe and muffler to move with the engine and not independently.

Last edited by metalstudman1; 08-29-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:18 PM
Lite Contributor

Thanks I understand now