BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-11-2015, 04:50 PM
Lurker

Default baja 150cc buggy engine

I recently bought a baja 150cc buggy and From what I can tell the gears are locked in the forward gear or nutral as I can push it but the clutch spins. I would like to tear into the gears and fix them but I would also like to purchase a new/used motor with reverse for it in the mean time. The number stamped on the motor is 1p57qmj I believe it to be a 150cc gy6 cvt long case with reverse. Looking to purchase the same motor any help on where to buy for a decent price would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 14340592585542042627729.jpg (101.4 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-12-2015, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerald582 View Post
I recently bought a baja 150cc buggy and From what I can tell the gears are locked in the forward gear or nutral as I can push it but the clutch spins. I would like to tear into the gears and fix them but I would also like to purchase a new/used motor with reverse for it in the mean time. The number stamped on the motor is 1p57qmj I believe it to be a 150cc gy6 cvt long case with reverse. Looking to purchase the same motor any help on where to buy for a decent price would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
the buggy engines are shortcase. It looks like you have an external reverse so you should have just forward and reverse. Maybe the cable is just bad or the gear box just needs to be cleaned out and greased or the big nut that holds the gear box in place was to tight.

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:06 PM
Lurker

All are short case? When I punch in the part# stamped on it, it comes up as a long case. :/
Old 06-12-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerald582 View Post
All are short case? When I punch in the part# stamped on it, it comes up as a long case. :/
yup all the buggies use a shortcase engine, scooters use a long case engine

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 06-13-2015, 01:19 AM
Lurker

Glad I found this forum before buying lol. Any idea where to buy a reasonably priced one? Preferably with the reverse. I would ideally like to have this one as a spare and run the new one.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:06 AM
Supporting Vendor

this particular gy6 motor was a howhit w/ internal reverse. it was used in the reaction and the crossfire 150r. it is not an engine you'll find currently and bolting up anything will not be a direct fit because of sprocket alignment and in these 2 buggies the motor is offset to the left a bit which is why the exhaust points upward. if shifting is an issue it might be the cable is in need of adjustment. the top end, clutches and final transmission portions are the same as most older style gy6's but the forward/nuetral/reverse portion is now an odd duck. so you'll want to take good care of that part cause parts for that are no more. buying and extra motor/buggy for parts might be the way to go. reverse cables if needed, i have 2 left but they are not cheap......$52.00

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Old 06-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

If possible post a pic of the right side and rear of the engine.