BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 08-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Supporting Vendor

My yerf is the old style made in the US, prior to yerf contracting with China to manufacture them for Sam's Club. Never had a problem with fuel feed. Tank has only a 3/16" nipple off tank with a filter between tank and carb, no cutoff. Make sure you are not running the wrong filter. There are two type of filters for small engines. Ones designed to be used with pump pressure and ones used with a gravity feed. The filter used must allow fuel to flow freely without any pump pressure. The other type filter will work but will be slow with the fuel delivery since they have more restriction. Also make sure you have the correct and functioning vented fuel cap. If fuel cap is not venting properly it will also slow the delivery of fuel. Also make sure your carb vent is not plugged for this will also create your problem

TOM

Last edited by SYCARMS; 08-24-2014 at 11:22 AM. Reason: add content
Old 08-24-2014, 12:02 PM
Heavy Contributor

Well nothing is even going INTO the filter, but I did remove the bolts holding the tank it, flipped it on it's side and fuel flowed, barely, so I'm thinking theres a blockage in the tank. I just checked my measurements and technically length wise the surplus center tank would fit. LOL NOT width wise! xD

I've been looking second hand, there's a Carter XTV in the area and I wish I could snag the tank offa that one but they aren't parting it out

Now what carb vent are you taking about? There's a breather hose that hangs off of it, but IDK anything else if you're referring to something else?

I'm going to ride it with the stock a-tabs and spindles for now with the HD ball joints and see. Most of my riding is packed dirt so I'm really not concerned, if they are really THAT WEAK where I can't ride packed dirt I'll be selling this thing within 6mo...

This tank however would fit EXACTLY within my measurements (width wise, length wise it's like 10" within my measurements)

http://www.*************.com/Truck-T...NK-28-1452.axd
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 08-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Supporting Vendor

I don't think that tank is any larger than the tank you have, only one gallon(4 quart). I would drain and clean your tank it may have a filter inside that is plugged. The Cap is vented as well as the carb. On the right side will be a short turn down hose which goes to nowhere. If hose is missing there will be a nipple. When blown into there should be no restriction. If either does not vent properly fuel will not flow efficiently. Put a straw in a drink and while holding your finger over the top of straw remove the straw. The liquid will not flow out of the straw until you remove your finger from top of straw. Same principle with your fuel flow. It would also be cheaper to drain, pull and check and clean as necessary your fuel tank rather then just replacing it.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Heavy Contributor

I agree. Trust me, where I don't have to spend money I'm happy

I knew it was the same size, that's why I picked it. I took off the hose from the tank before (when I cleaned the carb) and gas was seriously pouring out so probably not a block in the tank... I'll go see how much a new fuel line is. Maybe that's the thing...? And I will also check the hoses when I get home.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 08-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Heavy Contributor

I just checked. So I went to pull the fuel line off of the hose barb from the tank, when right as I remember my previous run in with the hose barb, it popped out. Fuel line and all. xD I forgot that I had to JB weld the hose barb in and it gave way under my forceful pulling. Oopsie. But, I do know that the tank doesn't have a blockage because all .75 of a gallon the stupid tank could hold poured out into my gasoline pan I devised from an old tupperware. Cleaned out the tank and re-jb-welded it back in place. Works surprisingly well! Not my long term permanent solution, but it's what I've got right now

I looked straight down the fuel line and no blockages, and I was wondering if maybe my fuel filter was put on upside down; what that make a difference? I'll upload a pic of it later if y'all want. I couldn't find a vent/nipple (I'm assuming that's also referring to a hose barb) thing on the right side of the carb, but there was a short hose (probably 1/4in diameter) that widened at the end (to about 1/2in diameter) and was cut at an angle that came off of the left side? The right side had a hose that led to behind the intake manifold, almost like it was also a pressure regulating thing...?

Edit: This is the fuel filter I have. I didn't get it from Alibaba, but this is a pic of it exactly
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...516822702.html
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!

Last edited by TheFauxFox; 08-24-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:54 PM
Heavy Contributor

Curious what size the stock fuel line was with these things? Was it 1/4 or 1/8? I've got a 1/8 and I was wondering maybe if after the shop replaced the fuel filter (which it did last fall when I got this and they serviced it) they may have put a smaller filter and line in?
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 08-24-2014, 07:56 PM

usually a rule of thumb is what ever size the barb on the bottom of the tank should be the same size as your fuel line i.d. and the same size as the barb on your fuel filter, for stock applications.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

It come stock with a 3/16" id line
Old 08-29-2014, 10:25 PM
Heavy Contributor

I figured out a way to get past the issue, so ironically again today (the second time I took it on the 2 minute loop trail I have..yep it is that small) I ran out of gas. On the far end. It's like an 1/8 mile but it stunk, we went back to the house, got gas, filled it up. And no trickle. So I starting thinking like "so I cannot create negative pressure, but what about positive from the gas tank?" I blew into the vent in the gas cap and sure enough gas poured into the filter! Success! No waiting 24hrs anymore! LOL

I also bled and refilled the brakes and they work a little better, more firm and more stopping power, but still kinda weak...
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:51 PM

the yerf only has that single rear disc and caliper not the best braking design if u ask me

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:56 AM
Supporting Vendor

Sounds like your cap is not venting which will stop the fuel flow.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:16 AM
Heavy Contributor

The cap (I looked and shined a light through) has a clear venting hole, I'd be more worried about the carb side, but I guess it works so I'll leave it be for now (not my normal mentality, but I'm a bit tired of all the fiddling for now... LOL)

I know it's not the best design, but I want to get the most out of it I can, but apparently you should be able to lock the Yerf brakes up... I definitely cannot do that. How can I check if I have a faulty/leaking master? I very well may just have a leak somewhere?
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 08-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Heavy Contributor

Ya know of course I have to say that and then I go for a ride today...

So I took my mom out and I look back at the engine and WOULD YA LOOK AT THAT! GAS IS LEAKIN' ON MY ENGINE! I check it out, and quite a bit of gasoline had come out of the top of the cap... go figure...

Any suggestions for gas tanks? 2.5-5gal would be fine.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Heavy Contributor

Welp. I took the kart out today at a labor day weekend bbq, one ride and 3 minutes later, the chain broke. xD

Oops. Just the master link, so that'll be in the mail now... Oh boy.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

$4.50 later and a new master link is on its way from Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-01-2014, 08:01 PM

Viyah!
Old 09-02-2014, 02:27 PM
Lite Contributor

I get a lot of parts from rancocucamunga .ca. they most have a big distribution center out there ....I even get a lot of boat parts and truck parts that come from there lol
Old 09-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Lite Contributor

Do you have bennys out that way.....or tractor supply?...I get a lot of quality parts from both a lot cheaper and no wait
Old 09-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Lite Contributor

I hate waiting but like Christmas when it cones in....I've Ben known to leave work early when I know I have a part coming in lol...and sometimes next day lmao smh
Old 09-02-2014, 06:02 PM

I don"t know what a Bennie"s is here, but I do have a tractors supply from me about 15 miles away.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Heavy Contributor

OK, so you know what's a great idea to start at 8:20 at night while there's thunder and lightning outside? A project that involves wiring on the go-kart!

I took off the old make shift headlight/brakelight (painted bulb red) and I got this LED off of eBay (I think it was like 99 Canadian cents, so something like 90 US cents) and it just got here yesterday, so I take it and I opened up the light, popped out everything having to do with the old light, and re did it all, and I had to wrap a bit of e-tape around the LED to keep it snug and firm in the reflector, but it looks nice, and it's wired in series with a little LED strip I also have on the back. I'll upload pics tomorrow, looks nice.

This is the link to the LED if anyone wants it
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Heavy Contributor

Master link is here and I'll be installing it later today to get some mini-trail riding in!
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-06-2014, 11:45 AM

how long did it take you to get the light?
Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

I ordered it August 23rd and it got here September 3rd... And that's on the fast side of things... I've ordered quite a bit of weird bits and pieces from China (mainly LEDS...I like my mood lightning in my room...LOL) and it'll take 1.5weeks all the way to a month... Most of the time it averages around the 1.5 weeks it took here.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-06-2014, 01:36 PM

not bad shipping time at that rate.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Heavy Contributor

especially because it's 90 cents, AND free shipping. Not the brightest bulb, but it definitely works. And with my LED strip, it's pretty easy to see this go-kart is STOPPING.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Heavy Contributor

iPhone 3GS camera doesn't do it justice... Looks much better IRL
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

Selling it now! I looked at how much I put into it (mainly shop costs...live and learn I guess...) and the amount I need to put into it to make it trail safe (including seat belts that actually really work) and it was just obscene. That price is just about what I've put into this total (including purchasing it).

$1500 OBO

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/4656026329.html
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!

Last edited by TheFauxFox; 09-06-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:13 AM

hey Fox if you get out of this the amount of money you put into it, you will be my salesman from now on on everything. LOL
Old 09-07-2014, 01:06 PM
Supporting Vendor

I agree, me too. One has to figure that a good quality buggy 150cc new will run you 2500.00 and it is stock with no mods. Now figure in the price of the mods. Although many will not admit to it but if you buy a buggy for say 500.00 by the time you get it in tip top condition and add on the mods you will have near the amount if not more depending on how far the mods go as a new buggy. Everything has its price.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:26 PM

yea, buts its kind of funny that most people when listing something for sale, regardless of what it is, think that they should get back all the money they have put into it. I have in real life have had that happen maybe only one or two times. Like the Crossfire buggy I just sold last week. I didn't ask for what I had in it, but what it was really worth.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Heavy Contributor

I'm hoping I can get this much out of it because A) The area I live in (most of the other high-schoolers have freakin' BMWs!!!!) and B) I'm pretty good when it comes to words and making things sound better than they are.

In fact, today I just sold my last electric scooter for $299... I put about $250 into it, and I got about 1.5yrs of use out of it!

I've seen 'em get sold for about that much here, but I'm retaking the pictures today with a better camera so it looks better. And I'm wiping it down with water a bit so it SHINES on camera.

I know how to make it look a lot better online than in person

I know I SHOULDN'T get back what I put in, but it's nice to ask that amount. If I sold it for 1500, I'd EARN money off of it... I'm hoping for 1400+ to break even...yep...I put that much into it... Eh... We'll see. Whether it takes 2 weeks or 2 months or even 2 years, I'm willing to bet I'll get at least 1400 for it...especially in Alpharetta, Ga...
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-07-2014, 02:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

If you get lucky and find someone desperate to sell something well below what it is worth you can turn it and make money on it. But that's really an exception to the rule. Hell buy a brand new car and drive it off the lot and you loose 10%. If you want your money back on an non essential item buy a Rembrandt.LOL

Last edited by SYCARMS; 09-07-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 09-07-2014, 04:28 PM

Or buy something classic such as a car and restore it. even then you can only put so much money in it and expect to get your money back. Besides no matter how good you make it sound or look online unless you are selling to a blind person, they will see the truth when they come to look at it. I wish you well on it and hope you do get big money on it.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Heavy Contributor

Although I am damn well gonna get some use out of this thing before I sell it!

Just took it out after some rain and got it a little muddy (more pine straw than dirt, but a month or so of riding should take care of that ) and myself too! I'll probably do this every weekend...hooray! It's ridable! LOL
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:19 PM

I know it was a labor of love!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

Yes, bear, 'twas!

I already got a scammer calling me to let me know I can bring it to his field behind his house and when his kids like it he'll give me cash. But it needs to be this Saturday... psh yea okay.. nice try buddy.

Although I actually got a legit call from someone offering 1200 (woulda taken it too) but they said they were gonna check mine out second and they liked the other one so much they grabbed it... So people are biting
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 10-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Heavy Contributor

Also went for a little ride today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytSf...ature=youtu.be

Did that about 10 times over xD
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 10-15-2014, 05:27 PM

looks like a pretty good little trail to me.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman007007 View Post
looks like a pretty good little trail to me.
Very narrow but so is the 3206! I'm still plowing some new spots now and again, but with the horrendous bump steer and the thin front spindles (I'm pretty sure I saw a small bend today...) I'm quite cautious... I try to ride it when I can, but I'm always super careful because last thing I need when I'm trying to recoup money is more to be put into it in parts...
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 10-17-2014, 05:24 PM

its not as much fun riding when you have to be careful not to break anything lol
Old 10-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman007007 View Post
its not as much fun riding when you have to be careful not to break anything lol
I wholeheartedly agree, but it still is fun
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 10-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Heavy Contributor

2 hits on my spider box tonight (reposted this morning) and both seem legit. Asking 1299 and I'm saying the price is firm... We'll see what happens.
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 10-26-2014, 11:50 AM

what do you mean exactully by hits?
Old 10-26-2014, 02:57 PM
Heavy Contributor

inquiries.

And I sold it today for $1300. I'm a little sad to see it go, but considering for about 800$ I could find a hammerhead I'm content
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 10-26-2014, 04:11 PM

great job
Old 10-26-2014, 07:16 PM

Good job

Aluminum fuel tank, aluminum wheels, custom fuel/cargo rack, entire rewire, trail tech vapor, ported big valve head, a12camshaft, 12 gram sliders, straight intake, kirkey wide seat, front end extension. 4 point harness, welded cage. Hammerhead exhaust.

Blade Single Seater Restore
welded cage, engine build, new wiring harness/electric box, spun aluminum fuel tank.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Heavy Contributor

Congrats man, I played hell just to get 800 for my hammerhead.