BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Lurker

Default Won't stay running Howhit 150

I'm working on a Yerf Dog with a howhit 150. It fires and runs for as long as 10 seconds, but hitting the accelarator kills it. Carb is clean, tank is clean. I'm thinking it has something to do with the choke/slide. Can I test it or just buy a $30 carb on ebay? do they work?
Old 09-14-2012, 07:05 AM
Lurker

Try a valve adjustment. My 150 would do the same thing. Started right up, would run for a few minutes and then cut off. After that it would start rough and cut off as soon as you touched the gas pedal.

My valves were tight. Adjusted the intake to .003 and the exhaust to .004 and it runs great. Easy, quick and inexpesive fix. Gauge from Auto Zone was less than $7, took less than 20 minutes.

If you have never done something like this, type in "gy6 valve adjustment" into youtube. Great walk through video. Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Let it continue to idle for a bit and see if it eventually lets you gas it like normal. These electric chokes take about 5 mins or so to fully open. They use a type of wax to function and it has to heat up. Try to let it idle and lets see.