BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 AM
Lurker

Default Kandi Max runner Really slow!

I just bought this kandi max runner brand new got it all put together and it tops out at 25mph.......... 1600$ later im not at all impressed with this kart. I have a Manco helix 150 it hits every bit of 40mph with me on it and I also have a talon 150 that hits 38 mph, those speeds are pretty fun alot more than creeping around at 25mph.
I contacted killer motor sports about this because when i spoke with the saleman he assured it was also a 40mph kart! not even close to top it all off I went to change the spark plug to a ngk and the piece O Shiz chinese plug snapped at the threads and I had to tear the top end down to get the porcilen out and I still cannot get the threaded part out. So now I have new busted cart that the dealer is supposed to be sending me a replacement part for but I haven't heard from them yet it's been a week.

Okay I'm done ranting,
I am really wanting to make this gokart faster atleast 40 50 would be awesome but unlikely.
I have been looking into a 190cc BBK and a 8mm stroker crank for 230cc which I feel would be plenty of power I was told they run warm but IDC as long as I get the speed, We use the karts to go riding on gravel. I would really like some input as to what route you all would go. I really love the kart overall and would love to mod the heck out of it.

P.s i don't want to go through the hassle of sending the kart back and getting nailed with a 500$ restock fee. And Killer motor sports also still has not sent out my free helmet and shipping took 3 weeks to get from date of order and it was advertised as free lift gate and home delivery they tried to bill me 400$ more to ship to my home I don't think I would purchase another kart from them given my experience they act like they care they get there money and then they toss you out to the curb.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:35 AM

If ur looking for more speed, I'd get into changine sprockets & modding the cvt!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 AM

Most companies nowadays only care about the bottom line. Sounds like you might have a speed limiting CDI in there. Most of the carts they sell have them installed as they are really more for kids rather than adults, and are advertised as a mid size frame. I would call the dealer and ask specifically about the CDI, if they don't know or play dumb, ask them if they will send you another one. Either way they aren't that expensive.

This is why I will most likely never buy a new buggy. I am sorry, but $1600 for something that almost always has problems out of the box, no thank you. I will keep searching and waiting for a good used one to pop up and fix it for a fraction of the cost.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 06-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

Masteryota, if I had the money, I'd say the same!

In our area there's someone selling a 150cc gokart for something like 1000$, "brand new in box" they say. That sounds not so high quality. LOL

Found it! Weird...it's a Kandi? http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/sno/4481382480.html

I know they're not the best, but they're certainly not the worst in class?
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 06-01-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFauxFox View Post
Masteryota, if I had the money, I'd say the same!

In our area there's someone selling a 150cc gokart for something like 1000$, "brand new in box" they say. That sounds not so high quality. LOL

Found it! Weird...it's a Kandi? http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/sno/4481382480.html

I know they're not the best, but they're certainly not the worst in class?
If I were to buy one, a scooter company here in town started carrying the trailmaster lines, and that would be the one I would go for. They don't have the best reputation but I'll be damned if they can ignore me when I'm standing at the door.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:41 AM
Lurker

Well here is what I decided to do, After looking over the rear swing arm and looking over all my options, I have went insane and I am looking at purchasing a cbr600 engine ready to go in he even has the wires labeled and a wiring schematic to go with it for 300$ Sold lol. Now I just need to have a axle made and get a couple hubs to use some quality atv wheels and Gusset the hell out of the frame more than likely Overall the frame looks pretty strong much heavier than all the others that I have seen so far. It will be a few weeks before I start the swap though looking at buying a trx450r first and then onto the buggy.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:52 PM

I hope you know what you are getting into. Most of us dive into a frankenbuggy build without fully realizing the amount of work involved. I personally would not hack up a brand new buggy, but it would be hard to walk away from a deal on that cbr engine.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Lurker

Cool

Fully aware of what's involved wouldn't take very much to get it installed I need a custom rear axle new sprocket and hub. Have to break or my fab skills for the mounts and shifter possibly break upgraded though these 4 wheel discs work damn well. For sure better 5 point harness a reinforced roll cage welded to the frame not bolted oh did I mention I own a small engine shop lol nothing much I can't handle just have to get the motor installed and work from there.