BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 08-25-2012, 07:27 PM

Default gy6 carb problems

ok got the kart back together from the cam install a-11, if i try to floor it full throttle from a dead stop it doesnt want to go anyway? then i tried squeezing the throttle working my way up to full and man the top end has greatly increased since adding the 22'' inch rear tires and the cam, so i mess with it about for 5 minutes then all of a sudden fuel starts pooring everywhere from the carb!!!!!! that top vent part where fuel poors out and shot out the filter also! ive been reading trying to figure out what would cause this, and it seems tons of people of ran into this problem somthing with the float sticking? and not blocking the fuel from coming in causing it to flood??? any help guys on this??
Old 08-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

A bad needle valve (the one attached to the float) may be worn or dirty. when fuel exits from the vents I always clean the carb completely since a blocked jet can cause this too.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:22 PM

i took the needle float out and blew in there very good with air and cleaned the rest with air hopefully that did the trick i will find out tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Did you inspect the needle valve rubber for a wear ring or that the rubber was still soft and pliable? did you verify that the pin in the valve moved freely?
Old 08-26-2012, 07:07 PM

yes checked everything cleaned wd40 blew out with compressor and everything works no more flooding but for some reason i had to go back to stock jets!! to get this thing to run full throttle how ironic. but either way top speed is a huge improvement.