BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-26-2012, 07:03 AM
Lurker

Default Cold start is good BUT.....

Greetings all!
This is my first post here and boy do I need help!!
We have a 150cc Helix, we got in 2009. Never had any major problems until now. Until this past year the cart was kept in the garage. The past year it's been outside but covered from rain/snow.
The first time we took it out this year it started w/ a jump but that's normal, this kids drove it for about an hr. Had lunch and that was it, it wouldn't restart.
A week later it started right up, they drove it around, turned it off and again it wouldn't restart.
2 weekes after that, they started it w/ no problems, forgot their helmets, turned it off and nothing.....and when I say nothing, I mean nothing, it won't turn on, turn over, just nothing, like dead. That day we charged the battery, still nothing. Looked for bad switches, broken wires, opened the brain box...NOTHING~
It only starts cold, it only starts once per day, even hrs later it wouldn't restart.
We keep the oil changed, filters clean and parts lubed like ur supposed to so we're stumped.
Thanks in advance!!
Mouse
Old 09-26-2012, 07:22 AM

Default step 1

Welcome to the forum! id start by checking for voltage from ur stator and work my way forward thru the electricals with a meter. keepem rollin!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Supporting Vendor

When it don't start check for voltage at the ign switch. The red wire should have 12V, turn key to 1st position (on) you should have 12V at the black wire then in start position you should have 12V on the yellow/red wire. If no power to red wire check the fuse circuit for loose connection as well as the fuse. If power on red but not on others in appropriate position the switch is bad.