BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-17-2018, 04:26 PM

Yeah, it's not something I want to do. It's been a very fun project with some ups and downs.

It's a shame I don't have any property. Trust me, it wouldn't be going anywhere.

I had the Honda FL 350R Oddyssey and people preferred driving the Yerf over it.

I really feel like we found a winner with my set up. Once I installed the TD heads with the valve springs you got for me Tom, all my valve problems went away.

I cannot stress enough the beating this buggy has taken and keeps on running strong. My Uncle had a Hammerhead 250 at the family reunion and couldn't shake me. I was a hemorrhoid on his ass he couldn't get rid of.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 11-27-2018, 08:51 PM

https://imgur.com/a/zMgF2Af

Some pics if anyone is interested.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........

Last edited by xlint89; 11-27-2018 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:11 AM

I'm sorry to say the buggy has been sold.

It was a real fun toy and project with many ups and a few downs, but I learned a lot from it and this board.

I want to say thank you to all who helped me through this project. What a great group of guys this board has.

Hopefully Brian the new owner comes on and keeps everyone up to date on this as he and his daughter seemed pretty excited to let 'er rip. (Even though this is supposed to be mom's buggy)

Thanks again for all your help, and when I get some property to play on again, I will be back.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:35 AM

And just for ease of finding if anyone is interested seeing what gains can be had from certain modifications, I'll leave this here.

Post #11 in this thread lists many upgrades and the results achieved. http://buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2670

Sad to say I never recorded any more info after my latest performance upgrades. I'd be curious to see where she ended up with the current set up. The KNM performance pulley really did give a noticeable boost in the bottom end take off (0 to 300' speed) and the large valve head with TK exhaust might have helped to utilize a larger slider weight for more top speed. I actually bought heavier sliders but never installed them as i was extremely happy with the present set up and didn't want to change a thing.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:06 PM
Lurker

Default GY6 valve job going downhill

2006 YerfDog Spiderbox 3206

Picked this up about two years ago for 800, was garage kept and had meticulous records and only two owners.

Got the front suspension fixed after I sent'er a little to hard on some washboards 😂, replaced original front end with a full BDX HD front end (bulkhead, A arms, knuckles and atv front hubs).

Now to the new issue..valves/top end power loss.

GY6 157qmj: Checked the valves which had almost no gap (way less than .002 on int & really tight .002 on exhaust. .002 is the smallest feeler I have so idk exactly where the int was). Set valve gap to int-.004 and ex-.005 but, I lost 2mph. So, then I set int-.003 and ex-.0045 but lost another 1mph. Before I adjusted the valves I was getting up to 29.5mph but, after first adjustment I dropped to 27mph... Then to 26mph after 3rd adjustment. Though I have a picked up low end torque a noticeable amount 🤷*♂️

I have a jet kit coming as it feels like she is struggling for fuel at the top end. I get up to about 8500rpm and it drives nice no struggle but push to 8600-8700rpms and it feels like she's gasping for "air" (or fuel) ie. Lunging/pulsing at wot.

🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️ Any ideas? Am I on the right track? Am I missing something? 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Help- Please and Thank you
Old 01-27-2022, 12:27 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLOsquid View Post
2006 YerfDog Spiderbox 3206

Picked this up about two years ago for 800, was garage kept and had meticulous records and only two owners.

Got the front suspension fixed after I sent'er a little to hard on some washboards 😂, replaced original front end with a full BDX HD front end (bulkhead, A arms, knuckles and atv front hubs).

Now to the new issue..valves/top end power loss.

GY6 157qmj: Checked the valves which had almost no gap (way less than .002 on int & really tight .002 on exhaust. .002 is the smallest feeler I have so idk exactly where the int was). Set valve gap to int-.004 and ex-.005 but, I lost 2mph. So, then I set int-.003 and ex-.0045 but lost another 1mph. Before I adjusted the valves I was getting up to 29.5mph but, after first adjustment I dropped to 27mph... Then to 26mph after 3rd adjustment. Though I have a picked up low end torque a noticeable amount 🤷*♂️

I have a jet kit coming as it feels like she is struggling for fuel at the top end. I get up to about 8500rpm and it drives nice no struggle but push to 8600-8700rpms and it feels like she's gasping for "air" (or fuel) ie. Lunging/pulsing at wot.

🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️ Any ideas? Am I on the right track? Am I missing something? 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Help- Please and Thank you
Looks like I maybe on the right track- left the valves at .003-int and .0035/.004-ex & installed a 35pilot and 110main lastnight (up from 32p and 107m), took it out for a rip and I was back to hitting 28mph at about 9100-9200rpms (per inductive mini tach). Bumped it up to a 115main jet this a.m. and hit 29.5mph @ 9200-9300rpms.

Though, It still seems to be lightly gasping on top end near 9400+/-rpms BUT, it seems to be rich at ideal as it holds floats between 1580-1620rpms and about every 200-300rpms it spudders/"misses" one firing. Sounds like an extremely light backfire *pop/puff* 🤷*♂️ any ideas
Old 01-27-2022, 06:15 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLOsquid View Post
Looks like I maybe on the right track- left the valves at .003-int and .0035/.004-ex & installed a 35pilot and 110main lastnight (up from 32p and 107m), took it out for a rip and I was back to hitting 28mph at about 9100-9200rpms (per inductive mini tach). Bumped it up to a 115main jet this a.m. and hit 29.5mph @ 9200-9300rpms.

Though, It still seems to be lightly gasping on top end near 9400+/-rpms BUT, it seems to be rich at ideal as it holds floats between 1580-1620rpms and about every 200-300rpms it spudders/"misses" one firing. Sounds like an extremely light backfire *pop/puff* ��*♂️ any ideas
Replaced the variator and dropped to 13gm weights. The one I pulled out... I'm assuming is the OG from yerfdog. The variator bushing was loose and the clip rings were floating on the boss pin. Both faces were heavily groved and we'll passed needing to be replaced. Belt was surprisingly in great shape. Still replaced with a kevlar belt and took'er out for a rip. �� Hit 32mph at 9600rpm and almost no stumbling/gasp at top end. Though does feel like I could go a bit more. Might try a 120main jet, I also plan on getting a cone filter intake next.

Last edited by DIABLOsquid; 02-07-2022 at 12:35 PM.