BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 09-08-2015, 09:46 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Tamper-proof Carb

Is there an easy way to remove these screws?

I did a plug check and it has a nice toasty brown look to it, but I have a UNI filter, hot coil. I also removed the flashing from the intake!!!holy crap, made it a curved run and man did it run better.

I want to check what size jet I have and go from there.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Lite Contributor

Give Tom at Sycarms a call. I got a replacement set of screws for my Trailmaster 300 from him. I used a dremel to cut a slot for a screwdriver, you can also use pliers or visegrips to get them off.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Supporting Vendor

Your plug has a good color but that is I assume with both idle and main circuit. You want to check color with just main circuit. If you did not do this let me know and I'll explain how to do it. A full throttle run as its called will give you the reading most important.
Old 09-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Lite Contributor

I will do a new plug WOT run
Old 09-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Supporting Vendor

You want to use the same plug. It will be much easier to read. A new plug will take several runs to read.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:52 AM
Lite Contributor

Thanks! that is easier
Old 09-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Lurker

There were a set of those on a car I bought. I used a small screw driver and hammer to tap the pin over then it broke right off. I thought it would need to be bent back and forth a few times since it can't tip far but just once was enough. Then I could use the security screws with a normal tool.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:40 PM
Lurker

We just drilled em out.

Mine had a 103 jet originally, but now I need a 110 or 112 after a new cam. It liked the 108 before.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:36 PM
Lite Contributor

I used a hacksaw, just be real careful get real close and straight to the base, then push real hard in and use a phillips to unscrew them, make sure you press the screwdriver on hard as you unscrew, if not you will start to strip at it, I replaced with 4mm metric screws, my carb is also tamper proof, there is no air/fuel screw either it is plugged shut.... mine had a 111 stock, now it has a 130 and runs crazy fast... o one more thing I did a few mods, port polish, A12 cam ect decided to upgrade to a oko carb, it was a nightmare to tune and after a few jets and failed attempts, I the read that some have a 24mm carb and others 26, I measured mine and it was a 24mm. I bought a 26mm and once I measured i found out the 24 was actually bigger in inside diameter, just the edge on it was 26mm.... I never used it
PnP Head, A12 Cam, Uni Filter with aluminum intake tube, Custom Straight through Exhaust, hp coil and ngk plug, 11G sliders, 2000 Contra Spring, 1000 Clutch Springs, ITP tires, winch. 130 main Jet, 38 pilot

Last edited by hhgtsplatinum; 09-19-2015 at 05:57 PM.