BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-01-2016, 09:13 AM
Lurker

Default 200gka help

Hello all,

I need help with diagnosing and fixing an issue that I am having with my new cart. I have a Kandi 200gka. It is advertised as having a 200cc honda clone motor. The kart starts fine, it idles fine and when driving with my foot barely on the gas things are fine. However, when I am driving the kart and move the throttle past 1/4 throttle the engine begins to bog down, sputter, and generally sound like it is struggling. I contacted the dealer and was walked through the cleaning of the carb for possible trash and then re-installing the carb for it only to do the same. They are now sending me a new carb in the mail. I do hope that this clears it up. I bought the kart so my kids and I could have family fun. I am learning a lot through this experience about small engines and possible future modifications. I even thought about buying a spare motor and building it up for fun and learning. But...based on my description of my current issue, does anyone have a suggestion on a remedy. Thank you.