BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Lite Contributor

Default oko carb problems

Hey everyone was wondering if anybody could share some advice please, I have a 1P57 motor on my buggy, I ported the head and added a A12 cam, I also did the spark plug, wire, cdi, exhaust and UNI intake, upgraded the cvt as well. The 24mm cvk carb would not work with it anymore until I upped the slow jet from a 35 to a 38, It now idles great and runs like a bat out of hell... I needed more! (don't we all) so I recently purchased a 26mm D slide oko carb to mach the port and intake valve, I was puzzled as the jets that came in that carb installed and extra ones are not labeled at all, no numbers anywhere. It said on the description that it worked with motors up to 200cc... I want to order some pilot and main jets but have no idea where to start. with the jets that came in the oko it will not idle, it will stay alive (barely) if I cover the intake a bit...(I believe too lean) It is exactly as when my 24mm cvk had the 35 slow pilot jet... has anybody ever had a similar set up or know where I should start with the jets? thanks for any help.

Btw my altitude is 400 feet above sea... thanks again
PnP Head, A12 Cam, Uni Filter with aluminum intake tube, Custom Straight through Exhaust, hp coil and ngk plug, 11G sliders, 2000 Contra Spring, 1000 Clutch Springs, ITP tires, winch. 130 main Jet, 38 pilot
Old 06-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Supporting Vendor

The OKO is a copy of either a Keihn or Mikuni but flows fuel like neither. You will need to know what jet size it has to determine which way to adjust.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Lite Contributor

thanks sycarms yeah I was hoping someone had a similar set up and they could be like I have a #___pilot and #___jet so I could order about 3 jets in series down from theirs and about 3 jets in series up from theirs and start that way...since none have numbers in mine I have no clue where to begin
PnP Head, A12 Cam, Uni Filter with aluminum intake tube, Custom Straight through Exhaust, hp coil and ngk plug, 11G sliders, 2000 Contra Spring, 1000 Clutch Springs, ITP tires, winch. 130 main Jet, 38 pilot