BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Lurker

Default Taida bbk help

I need to replace the cylinder in my buggy and i'm wanting the Taida 61mm bolt on BBK ,but the only website i know that has it is drowsports and they have been out of stock for 3 weeks now. Does anybody know where or who i can get a genuine kit from. I really want to get my buggy up and running again.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:42 PM

I like Taida parts, but not sure if you really want a bolt on 61mm kit.

I think the general consensus was they (61mm bolt on kits in general, not specifically Taida) are too thin walled (cylinder) and are prone to cracking.

Safer bet is to get a 58.5mm kit if you don't want to have the cases bored out.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 04-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Lurker

I have read alot about it but since I am not pushing this kart too far and barely see overy 7500rpm. Do you know another place I can get the kit?
Old 04-11-2016, 09:50 PM

Out of respect for the paying sponsors of this site, I'm not going to post links.

But I did a quick google/Bing search and found 2 places that said they had them in stock. One was forged and the other was not.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 04-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Lurker

The only one i can find anywhere is the forged piston version. Is there really any reason to pay 70$ more for a 10hp engine. I would understand if i had a stroked engine.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:05 PM

Check your PM
Old 04-14-2016, 11:44 AM
Supporting Vendor

Here is the problem with the 61mm drop in cylinder. I have been in this business many years and I will tell you with certainty that regardless how you drive, that drop in kit is trouble. The normal 61, mm that needs the case bored is thin to begin with but if built and set up correctly it will last as long as the stock. With the drop in kit the outer diameter is cut down so as to fit the case making it too thin for even the lightest driving. Your engine will run hotter adding to the problem. In perspective when you measure the 61mm drop in thickness it will be thinner than a 63mm where the case needs to be bored. Regardless of what anyone tells you the big bore kit will not make any more power since the stock cylinder only fills to about 55% adding a larger bore will not increase above 55%. The only way to increase power is to increase the volume in the cylinder and that is accomplished with the head and cam. You will be much better off investing in a good quality performance head and cam. Jetted properly you will have a seat of the pants difference.