BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 07-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Lurker

Default Bigger tires on Carbide 150cc ???

More performance is my goal with this buggy. I want to make it more trail worthy, by running largers tires for ground clearance.... I've been reading alot of info on things to do to improve power... I want to set this buggy up to have more low-end power than top end power.. I want it to climb with the larger tires. I am aware of changing the roller weights to lighter sliders... but any specifics on this ? like actual weight of sliders for a 25in Mud-lite or so... I have a supposedly performance coil and a E3 plug in it and all Amsoil sythetics.....what else for power ? U think 25's way to big even with mods, keep in mind I want just a climber with ground clearance..... I also understand I am limited because of what it is, but surely theres room for improvements........ I have a 2012 RZR 800 for me and the wife.... I'd like to set this thing up for my 2 boys to be able to some-what ride with us...... I am strongly considering an ATV engine/tranny swap too.... Im going to look at a running 4trax for $200...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carbide.jpg (71.7 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 314462_279718095372397_1747693444_n.jpg (69.6 KB, 19 views)
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Those 25's would likely be too much. We put a set of factory tires from a honda 400EX on the rear of our helix and it gave a great stance to it and the tread pattern was great too. If you want low end, variator assembly adjustments will be your friend. Talk to Tom @ SYCPowersports

he has some good experience as well as many others on this site.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

96smoke-eater--Why have you opened a new thread on this?