BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 01-12-2013, 06:56 PM

Default The good, with the bad!

Ok so I finally got around to taking the valves out of my dazon head and sure enough the intake valve is bent, so I definitly have to get that replaced, but I was surpised to find that when I took the valves out that my head appeared to be p&p'd! I cleaned everything up to be sure and low and behold you could see the mill work clearly done! now I had to pinch myself at this point 'cause it was just to good to be true!!! sooo I called upon my old mechanic buddy who also messes with m.c. engines from time to time and he confirmed what I thought and said it was a really good job and looked good and clean Here I was bumming about a bent valve(a cheap fix) and discover I've got a sweet setup! just gotta take the good, with the bad sometimes
Old 01-12-2013, 07:13 PM

Hahahaha thats awesome might as well upgrade the valves
Old 01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Lurker

Win!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:29 PM
Contributor

My red 2005 baja dune 150 we bought on craigs list for 400 bucks back in Feb/2010 did not run because the jets in the carb were plugged and the intake boot was causing a vacume leak.
Got it running and it had a flat spot on take off if you did'nt mash the gas full throttle and it ran okay but sputtered at top speed.
I took the head off to do a p&p and when lapping the valves found the intake valve was slightly bent and the exhaust valve had a nick in it from the intake valve making contact.

When we bought the buggy it had a old engine that was in pices on the floor board. I took the valves out of it lapped them in with my drill and a piece of vacume hose on the end, Put the head on and it ran awesome. I thought it was the carb at first and swapped the carb from my wifes blue buggy. I was trying everything possible to get rid of the stumble and was happy to find the valve bent.

The buggy also had a pretty new looking 39t sprocket that was probally to blame.

I was looking forward to ridding this weekend but we cancelled due to the cold weather and high wind warnings. The lows are in the 20s and highs 55 too cold for us thin blooded Californians.

Will be going in two weeks so the A12 cams and ncy springs will have to wait. I wanted to go so bad but high winds with the 19foot toy hauler are not a good combo.

Let us know how it runs with the new valves.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:48 AM

Will do!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:04 PM
Contributor

dang ya win some! congrats
Old 01-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Heavy Contributor

That totally rocks Bear. Unless you were hoping for a gain from p&p that .........well........you can't get now. That stinks. Did you buy that used? I guess none come new with a p&p. That is awesome though. Congrats.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Heavy Contributor

I was wondering because my buggy came "new" with the 58.5mm head on it and all of those heads I have looked up on the net say "big valves big port". I had my intake off the other day and as far as I could tell the intake port was the same exact size as the spacer and as far as I could get my finger in there I didn't feel any imperfections. I guess I will know for sure one day when I actually remove the head and check it out.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:26 PM

I got these both off CL back in June, I have been very pleased with them both. I had a blast with them this summer and now it time to take care of any issues, so the p&p was a very pleasant surprise!!!