BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-24-2017, 07:04 AM
Lurker

Default 24mm vs 26mm carb confusion

I'm a little confused about the 2 sizes I keep seeing available on fleabay...
Will a 26mm carb work in place of a 24mm carb if it is supplied with the correct fitting intake boot? How about vice a versa? Will a 24mm carb function for a motor that was previously equipped with a 26mm carb? Is there a standard application difference between the two carb sizes?

The reason behind this line of questions pertains to a friend's 150cc gy6 chicom ninjasaki(roketa or motobravo or the like) scoot. I was hitting brick walls trying to research the little thing until I ended up with my rust pile of a buggy and started researching... was pretty much oblivious that my buggy has the same motor as my friend's little scoot. Even after I realized they were the same motor, none of the info I came across pointed me to the information I need.

Any input regarding carb size/application would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:21 AM
Supporting Vendor

From my experience back in 2004 -2007 most brand name buggies come with the 26 mm carb. Most of the off brand buggies come with the 24 mm carb. The 26 mm will be about 1/8 " larger inside diameter, outside is the same. From what I have been told but never researched for myself is the 24 mm carb was used on scooters. On a stock engine without any major mods either one will be sufficient. Since none of the performance cams offered are considered radical they will work with either carb. Many use the 30 0r 32 mm performance carbs but they technically are too big for that engine unless using an radical cam with a ported head. If your going to add a performance cam available with a ported head or 4 valve head the 26 mm would be better but as of lately I don't see many 26 mm's out there. I believe the downsize from 26-24 was due to EPA who started regulating emissions on our buggies in 2007.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:52 PM
Lurker

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. That clears a lot of the confusion.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Lurker

The 26mm carb is now installed and all carb related issues have been cured. The bike feels a little more peppy even...

Thanks again for the info.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Glad it worked out.