BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 10-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Lite Contributor

Default clutch flat nut removal size socket

just going to make a post because while searching i did not find the answer except in youtube videos and apparently they were WRONG

the flat nut IS NOT 1.5 inches

it is 39mm

1.5 inches is 38.1mm and unless your 1.5 inch socket is used and slightly worn out it WILL NOT FIT

and i just found out my crescent wrench only opens about 1.25 inches

doh!

this was on a yerfdog spiderbox 3209 in case it matters
Old 10-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyrz View Post
just going to make a post because while searching i did not find the answer except in youtube videos and apparently they were WRONG

the flat nut IS NOT 1.5 inches

it is 39mm

1.5 inches is 38.1mm and unless your 1.5 inch socket is used and slightly worn out it WILL NOT FIT
Exactly what I discovered too. I already had a 1.5 inch socket but it would not fit. So close, but still no go. I ended up ordering a 39 mm impact socket from O'reilly Auto Parts and it was less than $20 bucks including tax.

Trailmaster 150 XRX - Uni filter - 124 main jet - 11 gram rollers - red main spring - Iridium plug
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Supporting Vendor

A 1 5/8 socket works however a bit loose but this is what I have used for almost 10 years. The 39mm will be better but one tip since that nut is so thin, if you notice the end of the socket is slightly beveled so as to make it easier to inert on the nut. That bevel will not allow for the socket to securely contact the entire thickness of the nut. Dress the end of the socket on a grinder to make a sharp flat so as to contact the entire thickness of the nut.