BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Spiderbox help needed

The chain adjuster mount stud itself broke while Uncles daughter was riding it.

What is best replacement to go with. When i worked on it and removed top nut (i wish i had not) the motor of course dropped and it when the motor was lifted up the alignment between the stud and the frame tab was off by enough to make it a real PITA. Should some other fasteners be loosened up first to avoid this. Not looking forward to wrestling with it again.

Thanks All

WS
Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Lite Contributor

No one ever had this problem?
Old 09-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Power User

apparently, a lot of people have had this issue. there is a HD version with a thicker clevis portion--not sure if it's still available . buggy depot or bmi karts. A lot of other buggy companies use the same basic part but it's a little beefier. the one i have came with the carter engine i use, and it's thicker than the yerf ones.

if the alignment was off lifting it back up to it and the remaining part of the hanger isn't bent, you have other issues to deal with, bent frame, twisted mount hangars, worn mount bushings, worn out mount holes or cracked transmission case--- one of those items is amiss ...