BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 10-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Lurker

Default New toy/ Project

So there I was looking around on Craigslist and found someones project. The story I get told is this guy bought this buggy for his kids to play on that needs work. He got in a bind with money and has to sell it to get his work truck fixed. Sound like right place right time for me with cash and trade ready and looking for a project I pick up this non running buggy and drag it home. Turns out it's a Tomberlin crossfire 150cc. for the record I gave him $340 plus about $50 in tools in trade. I thought it was a good deal? Thoughts?
I get my new project home and it cranks but will not start. I start with preventative maintenance, I flushed the gas tank, Checked the basics and gave it a try. No spark... I trouble shoot down to a bad coil and promptly replace it. I have spark but I still cant get it to start. My next attempt will be to clean and rebuild the carb. From what I've been reading on here I will look into the valve lash if or when I get it running. Any pointers will be helpful. I need a rear brake caliper if anyone has one or an idea on where I can get one I would be grateful.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 AM

Default WooHoo!!!

Welcome to the fun! sounds like ur headed in the right direction n the crossfire is a really good buggy! keepem rollin bear
Old 10-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Lurker

Thanks Bear I appreciate the welcome. I'll do my best to raise hell in the neighborhood when I get it up and running.