BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 04-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Turn signals not working

As the title says, my turn signals quit working and one of my headlights cuts in and out. Horn, speedo and ignition still work though. Is there a fuse or control box that controls this stuff? It is a 2013 Hammrhead GTS 150
Old 04-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Lite Contributor

I'm not familiar with these, but i would check the grounds, look for blown fuses and look for any loose connections. Those would be the easiest things to check. A bulb with a broken filament could make it it turn on and off. A wiring diagram would be a big help to you. Did your ride come with one?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Lite Contributor

http://hhmotorsports.com/hammerhead-manuals.html Couldnt find an actual wiring diagram, this is just a parts break down. Hopefully somebody who is familiar with this model will chime in.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Lite Contributor

Thats the same thing I have. I don't see any fuses but I don't understand why the turn signals would be the only things not working other than that headlight that comes on and off. They worked when I parked it a few days ago but now they wont. So confused
Old 04-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Contributor

U should check and see if u have power to your turn signal relay located under your speedo das. It will be just a round deadended plug. Check for power to it.if power is not to it.follow your colored wires from it to where ever they may lead. Your relay should make a clicking sound if functioning properly
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Lite Contributor

I think I just found the problem. The other day my wife flipped the buggy on its side and broke a signal. Found an exposed wire that must have made contact and shorted out the relay. Is there a certain relay I have to buy?
Old 04-27-2013, 01:53 PM

I think most relays are pretty common, so you should be able to carry yours to a auto parts store and see if they can match it up.