BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-19-2020, 05:49 PM
Lurker

Default Kandi 86cc stator pickup problem

Hey guys. This is my first post here on the website. I have a Kandi KD 90 GKG that I recently bought. The Chinese go karts are new to me, so I’m trying to learn as I go. I accidentally smoked a lot of the wiring on this thing, but was able to repair most or it. I finally got it to turn over, but the blue and white wire is only putting out .4 on the ac setting on my meter. I have 40 on the black red wire. I put a new stator on it with the same results. I took the motor completely off of the go kart with no wiring attached and still get the same thing. I did notice that the old CDI had melted quite a bit before I replaced it. I’m at a loss. The only thing I can think of is that it’s a bad flywheel magnet that fires the pickup.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DF08A357-AD1E-4593-89DF-3CE160EA1C66.jpg (19.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg D3EDB129-E497-46F6-91AA-AFD608597D33.jpg (19.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-19-2020, 05:55 PM
Lurker

I just read on another post that .1 is enough to fire the cdi. Is that correct? The guy I bought the stator from told me I needed around 1.4 on the ac setting on my meter.