BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info

Clubs, Riding Events, Regional Info Forum for Buggy Clubs, Organized Riding Events etc...

Old 06-07-2012, 08:29 AM
Contributor

Default GEORGIA Riders

Calling all GA Riders, or anyone that wants to have some fun at DP, Duramtown Plantation once a month.
Currently trying to set up a once per month, regular ride at DP, with a many Buggies as possible, from as many different sites as possible. No politics involved, just come out, make new freinds, put faces to names with old freinds, and have fun!

During fall and Spring when it's cooler, maybe an overnighter or two, Sat & Sun, with on site camping.

It won't happen without participation, so who's in?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Super Moderator

My family is definitely in (if I can ever get a GOOD paying permanant job again), that's a short comfortable cruise for us.
How are you doing? It's been a good while!!!!!
Any progress on your projects?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
My family is definitely in (if I can ever get a GOOD paying permanant job again), that's a short comfortable cruise for us.
How are you doing? It's been a good while!!!!!
Any progress on your projects?
Hey MSM, glad to hear you wanna join in!
After Cathy passed, everything sorta went to hell, it's been a bad 18 months. But all the projects are still here, coverred with a 1/4" of dust, but ready to be resumed. And I'm thinking about picking up a Trailmaster 300, along with putting together the DP Monthly Meet...all stuff to keep me busy. Unfortunately, the past 18 mos. took it's tool on my heart too, so I'm not a ready to get out in the shop and have at it, as before. What takes most guys 8 hours takes me 24. But I'll get it done. And with some old freinds like you, and new ones to be made, the DP Monthly Meet will happen. It'll take time, but it will come to be.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck on the Trailmaster 300 if you manage to get it. I'm happy that you're trying to get back into the hobby.
The gathering of LIKE minds & interests excites me-making new friends is always good! and putting a face to the ones here on the screen would be nice too. Since we're unable to afford the trip to St. Joe's I've come up with a "CHEAP" alternative for my crowd- the last 2 weeks we've been clearing out a spot in the 65 acre wooded trails for us to camp-just to simulate going to a buggy bash without all the hobbyists!!!!! I even built a cute little utility trailer to pull behind one of the buggies to haul all our camping stuff.
You're not alone when it comes to getting things done in a timely fashion!!!! I don't work as fast either!!!!! My brain is working a "mile a minute" but it just doesn't translate the same to my hands!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Contributor

June 24th is right around the corner guys, and the Monthly Durhamtown Plantation Ride is gonna happen...yup, #!, the FIRST ONE...we're gonna do this thing...come on out, and enjoy a day at DP with us!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:48 AM
Contributor

Default Gettin' closer....

Yup, gettin' closer guys! NEXT weekend...no....not this coming weekend, but the next, like about 10 days off! Sure hope some BuggyMaster peeps are gonna turn out!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Contributor

WhoooooooEEEEEEEE! Talk about cuttin' it CLOSE! The freight company wa 'supposed" to have my new 300XRX in my hands YESTERDAY! Which would have given me a nice relaxed weekend to put her together, and sort out any bugs next week.

WELLLLLLL....looks like I won't have it till some time MONDAY. Gonna make for a busy week next week....but I'll have her together, and a few miles on it, a couple of oil changes done. May not have the DRP clutch and Variator in till after this first DP Ride tho. I'd like to try it out pure stock, then I can get an idea of how I want to set up the new clutch and var, and have it dialed in for the July Ride.
But as for now, I'm sittin' on ready, Gates fuel line, fuel filter, O'Reilley(Shell) antifreeze, Castrol 10-40, Lucas 85-90, blue lock-tite, tef tape, wire ties, hose clamps, clear silicone sealer.....camera....I'm ready! All I need now is the buggy!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Lite Contributor

Awesome Kliff! Wish I could make it there. I'd haul at least 3 buggies if I had the vacation time!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

I'd be like a kid with a pocket full of nickles waiting outside a closed candy store right now if I were you!!!! Can't wait to see the pic's