BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Lurker

Default ign switch wireing ktr-150a (new guy)

hi guys need to put "hard switches" in for sons buggy the "new" switches don't make it through 1 season..It has a 5 wire switch going into a 4 wire connector and I wanna put waterproof toggles in and eliminate the key switch,I hope your forum will help us I have sooo many prob's finding parts for this rig.Thanks
Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Heavy Contributor

I hear ya on the crappy key switch. First. Welcome to the site. I only have 3 wires on my key switch so its easy. The hot wire and the wire to the ignition go to a toggle and the hot wire goes to the starter wire thru a pushbutton. Mine were red and black to the toggle and red to yellow with red stripe thru pushbutton. Odds are your colors are different. Then gotta figure out what the other wire is. You only need to find the toggle and pushbutton from auto parts store. Im not sure what the fourth wire is for. Sure someone else will chime in. Let us know what sort of parts you are looking for and we shall try to help.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:34 AM
Lurker

I have seen SEVERAL different wiring diag's for these buggies and none match these are the id #'s I have come up with: gk01,ktr150a,kd157qmj,..this is an NST unit and although they do have alot of parts they are useless as far as suppling info (and rude).I used to speak with Eric @ ********* m/s but can't get him? he was sharp,any help would be good because I have the front suspension upgrade to do later...thanks guys
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Heavy Contributor

Click on the Syc Powersports banner at the top of the page. When you get to his webpage click the contact tab and give him a call. His name is Tom and he is very helpful and friendly. All I did to figure mine out was touch wires together and see what happened. Might be worth a try. Worst that will happen is your engine will start.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:08 AM
Supporting Vendor

You will need to get your test light or voltohm meter out. First let me say you will want a waterproof switch, stay away from the cheap autozone switches. I got mine through summit racing not cheap but going on 6 years now. I perfer the momentary toggle for the start side.
Easiest way to check is using the existing switch. Find your hotwire and acessory wire. The hot will go to one side of the start switch, your accy. wire will go to the other side this gives 12V to the cdi, run a jumper wire off the accy. side of on off switch to momentary switch then start wire to other side. Not sure what color wires you have but I'll give you the Kinroad/Blade colors. Red = power, Black = Start, Blk./Wht. = accy.(pwr to cdi ect.) Green = ground.