Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Kandi 110 engine swap - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:41 AM
Contributor

Default Kandi 110 engine swap

I just picked up a Kandi KD-110GKG-2 to give my 5 year old for Christmas this year.

From what I'm reading the engine on these units were trash. The original owner couldn't get the stock engine to run at all so he had a 212cc Predator engine installed.

I want to replace the predator engine with something that has reverse and electric start (including charging system). The kart already has a gear shift lever as well as key ignition.

The question is, what is the best engine for under $400 for this buggy? I'm looking for something that varies speed well and is reliable. I need the engine to be reliable for 3-4 years. I'm not worried about the amount of fabrication. I've got plenty of time between now and 12/25.

Currently I'm looking at the automatic 110cc or 125cc chinese engines. Suggestions?
Old 11-27-2017, 08:02 AM
Contributor

Slowly making some progress..

Pulled the engine and took the swingarm off the kart.

Assessing plate welds

After lots of grinding..

Unbelievable amounts of grinding..

Butt-weld and more grinding. I didn't trust my welding enough so I wrapped this with some tubing and welded over it. Pictures later.

Gusset
Old 11-27-2017, 07:38 PM
Contributor

My son has had his Kandi 110 buggy for 2 years and have had no issues with the stock engine. It's been a great buggy for him. Sorry don't have any experience swapping the original engine to a predator.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD
Old 11-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Power User

neat thing about it is that im pretty sure down the road you can throw a jug, head, crank n rod/piston at it and make it a 125 or 150. never measured the jug/piston on my daughters, think it was a 110, but turning it into a 150 was a piece of cake.